Daycare.com Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 02-03-2020, 07:08 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Child Absent, but Payment is Due

I've got a family out sick, but their payment is due today.

Would you give a pass or would you expect them to still drop off payment today? Dcm just texted me that they will be out today, but I'm thinking I need to let her know that payment is still due today. We all know what happens when you allow it once

What would you say? I don't want to come off insensitive to her sick child, but I also want paid
Old 02-03-2020, 09:19 AM
Daycare.com Member

This is why I switched all my payments over to Venmo or cash app so now there isnít a excuse to not pay me. Itís by bank transfer and with a click of a button, itís sent.

However I would still want to get paid. Can she swing by once dad gets home?
Old 02-03-2020, 09:19 AM
Daycare.com Member

"I'm sorry to hear that and hope Joey feels better soon. Please remember that payment is still due on Monday mornings. I can send you some online options that may be easier for you so you don't need to leave the house. Venmo, PayPal and Zelle are all good options."
Old 02-03-2020, 09:29 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac114 View Post
This is why I switched all my payments over to Venmo or cash app so now there isnít a excuse to not pay me. Itís by bank transfer and with a click of a button, itís sent.

However I would still want to get paid. Can she swing by once dad gets home?
All of my families pay Venmo except for this one. Looking back, I should have made it a requirement.

She did say that she will bring it by at some point today, though
Old 02-03-2020, 12:08 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

That's why I love Venmo. Once had a dad send me money while he was sitting on a beach in Tahiti.
Old 02-03-2020, 02:05 PM
Daycare.com Member

Most of my parents pay via e trasphers (banking), I use to have one that played in cash. There were a few diffrent fridays where the child was sick and payment was due. I let them pay on the Monday, bit always made it clear that it worked for me that week for the late payment. Also had family in care for 2 years before it came an issue for the first time.
Old 02-03-2020, 02:12 PM
Daycare.com Senior Member

I actually don't require them to drop off payment if they are out sick, i just wait until they return.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:53 PM
Daycare.com Member

Fyi for those using venmo....
Venmo does not allow their app to be used for business. So if a parent reverses a payment, venmo will side with the parent and you will be out your money because you violated their user agreement.
Old 02-04-2020, 05:56 AM
Unregistered

Yes, just send a note saying that payment is due today and they can send it over Venmo, CashApp, or Paypal.
Old 02-04-2020, 06:53 AM
Daycare.com Member

I don't require payment until they return, but most drop it off anyway. I have great families and it hasn't been an issue. They know they must have the tuition check to drop off their child. I also require payment on Friday for the following week and in most cases, they child returns on Monday.

If they go on a vacation, they need to pay in advance.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryRoads View Post
I've got a family out sick, but their payment is due today.

Would you give a pass or would you expect them to still drop off payment today? Dcm just texted me that they will be out today, but I'm thinking I need to let her know that payment is still due today. We all know what happens when you allow it once

What would you say? I don't want to come off insensitive to her sick child, but I also want paid

These are the business facts:
  • I've got a family out
  • payment is due today
  • but I also want paid

The rest is emotional.

In order to be successful, you need to decide which one you are going to allow to "run" your business.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:25 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenboo View Post
Fyi for those using venmo....
Venmo does not allow their app to be used for business. So if a parent reverses a payment, venmo will side with the parent and you will be out your money because you violated their user agreement.
Really?!

Has anyone had this happen before? Can they still reverse the payment even if the money has already been transferred to a bank account?
Old 02-04-2020, 07:30 AM

"Venmo is designed for payments between friends and people who know and trust one another.

Venmo may NOT otherwise be used to receive business, commercial or merchant transactions, meaning you CANNOT use Venmo to accept payment from (or send payment to) another user for a good or service".

https://help.venmo.com/hc/en-us/arti...s-or-services-

Tags
kidkare - invoices, online payment