Daycare.com Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Curriculum

Curriculum Post any curriculum ideas, activites or projects that wouldbe helpful to our Daycare community. What is your teaching philosophy?

Old 05-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Daycare.com Member

Question Making Father's Day Gifts

I'm opening my Daycare June 6th, and the first holiday is Father's Day. I wanted to make something with my DCK for their fathers. I'll have kids of ALL ages with school being out, so I'll take any ideas that I can get. Thanks!
Old 05-10-2011, 11:46 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

When mine was in pre-k, they made paperweights out of large (fist sized) rocks - they painted them blue and wrote "Dad Rocks!" on them. It was adorable.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Daycare.com Member

we are making trophy's for the dads, using a coffee cup [Large or Venti] as the main part of the trophy, putting little sides on it [handles?] out of recycled box and using recycled boxes as the base. They will have little plaques saying "worlds greatest dad" and we'll paint the cups and handles gold, and base black.

I will post a pic if that's too confusing to understand- ds#1 made them at preschool last year and I kept it cause it was such a cute idea
Old 05-11-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnMumof4 View Post
we are making trophy's for the dads, using a coffee cup [Large or Venti] as the main part of the trophy, putting little sides on it [handles?] out of recycled box and using recycled boxes as the base. They will have little plaques saying "worlds greatest dad" and we'll paint the cups and handles gold, and base black.

I will post a pic if that's too confusing to understand- ds#1 made them at preschool last year and I kept it cause it was such a cute idea
what a cute idea, totally something I would never would have thought of.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:23 AM

I once got a stick and then cut out a template of a fish and hung it from the stick like a rod and reel that has the fish hanging on it and it read "Dad you're a real catch" It was very cute.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:57 PM

We did foam can koozies a few years ago; I got them at Michaels for something like 50 cents and the kids decorated them with self-adhesive foam stuff. Those were a big hit; I had a really good group then and I asked the kids what dad's favorite beverage was (most said beer ) so I but a beer or soda in each one, lol.

Another year we did car wash buckets. Those turned out cute too; dollar store bucket, sponge, car wash liquid, microfiber cloth and window cleaner. Each bucket was like $5 total. Kid decorated the buckets with puffy paint stamps of cars and suns and handprints. The dad's loved those too.

Last year we did pen/pencil holders (because we did the pen flowers for mom); plastic juice cans decoupaged with photos of each kid along with some original art work and sealed.

I like to go all out for Father's Day...I think dad's kinda get gyped in the gift department when it comes to days like that. In my daycare, I see more dads than moms on a daily basis so I think they appreciate it
Old 05-12-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnMumof4 View Post

LOVE THIS! I think I might have to steal it, if you don't mind?

Tags
fathers day, fathers day gifts