Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Found some Baby Einstein Blocks!
Abigail 11:38 AM 05-21-2011
I'm excited. I went to a neighborhood rummage sale today and at the first and third house I went to found a set of the baby einstein 4-pack of blocks. Each house priced theirs at $2 each, so for $4 I have 8 blocks that would have been $22 at Walmart. They must have been manufactured in different years because one set is slightly different in design/texture than the other, but by a glance they look the exact same.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Baby-Einst...Blocks/8056435

I also made sure these were not recalled and they're not, so I definately got a great deal today! I wish I could put them in the washer, but it says to wash with water and mild soap and let air dry........has anyone put them in the washer/dryer?

Yellow block is squishy with just foam inside.
Blue block has a high-pitched rattle inside.
Red block has a low-pitches rattle inside.
Green block has a vibration once the frog leg is pulled.

I would assume all but the green would be safe for the washer/dryer. What do you think?
KEG123 12:00 PM 05-21-2011
I'd put them in the washer on a gentle cycle... tumble dry low.
Abigail 12:23 PM 05-21-2011
The funny thing is one set I bought from someone I regularly babysit for so it brought back memories with their son from a few months ago when I played with them at their home. The blocks look "like new" and one has a little drool stain, so I'll need to clean them somehow. Should I wash them with clothes or just separate if I do wash them?
KEG123 12:45 PM 05-21-2011
I'd probably do separate, or with other items you would wash on gentle.
Unregistered 05:37 AM 05-23-2011
I have these blocks and I put them in the washer. All of them and they are completely fine. Still make sounds and didn't mess up fabric. Totally fine to put in the washer and dryer.
Stacy214 10:31 AM 05-23-2011
YEP! I love those (ok well the babies do lol) and absolutely they are safe for the washer and dryer....the yellow duck one doesn't quack for a while after it comes out but will eventually. I wish I could find more.
jojosmommy 11:30 AM 05-23-2011
Funny, I have these blocks and my babies never play with them. Maybe I should put them away for a while or maybe its a sign I have too many toys out!
Abigail 07:56 PM 05-23-2011
I decided to wash one set (just incase it was going to ruin since the manufacturer said not to submerge in water), BUT like others said they survived! So then I washed the second set. I did a double rinse since I felt like I used too much soap and then I did a light gentle dry and then let them air dry the rest. My yellow blocks don't actually quack and I tried them both before the wash/dry so I'm guessing the company made some that don't? It would be unusual that two separate purchases don't quack. I still love them!

Another funny thing....I thought one of the yellow mirrors was ruined with nail scratches from the previous owner and then realized after the washer that it was the plastic that was still on the mirror! Found the plastic circle in the washer and the mirror looks brand new!
daycare 08:02 PM 05-23-2011
When I wash stuff like that I put them in a pillow case and tie the top so they don't bounce all over the washer or dryer

Glad they washed up fine. Great steal. I love yard sales.
Tags:baby einstein, blocks, cleaning, infants, stacking
Reply Up