Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Maybe I Should Give Up
dave4him 09:45 AM 03-06-2012
Never heard back from the mom on friday, i know she called my references though. Other then that, nothing. Kind of discouraged at this point but still trying to decide what to do now. Should i call her to see what she thought? As much as i cant afford to put my own kids in daycare, i might have to
Zoe 09:55 AM 03-06-2012
I wouldn't call her. If she wants to go with you she'll call. I give it a week and if they don't call me, I mentally write them off. It is a very frustrating process getting those first few families (or heck even just one!) this time of year. I got licensed last February and thank God I already had one family from before I was licensed because it wasn't until July that I got another family!!!

Hang in there, it is a very slow time of year for daycare enrollment.
Breezy 09:57 AM 03-06-2012
Not sure what ages you take, but summer is coming up and school will be out so lots of people will be looking for care. Hang in there!!
MrsB 10:33 AM 03-06-2012
My busy times are mostly beginning of the summer and around fall time, eventhough I dont take school agers. If you can hang on a little longer, maybe it will pick up!
Sugar Magnolia 11:29 AM 03-06-2012
Dave, I am sorry to hear that. I hope you don't give up yet. Hang on and keep trying. :-)
Reply Up