Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-04-2014, 01:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Question wwyd??

If you got a snotty 2 page letter from a DCM about stuff that happened or was said to her a year ago? about things she didn't like when I told her she was the boss and that her child wasn't about his shorts were to small just little things and she wrote a letter about all of it and told me I will lose clients she needs to look around because I'm full.

What would you do?How would you respond to her?? I just don't know what to do she said she didn't want to make me mad and she doesn't want to find another daycare. What do I do??
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-04-2014, 01:12 PM
Play Care's Avatar
Play Care Play Care is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 6,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you got a snotty 2 page letter from a DCM about stuff that happened or was said to her a year ago? about things she didn't like when I told her she was the boss and that her child wasn't about his shorts were to small just little things and she wrote a letter about all of it and told me I will lose clients she needs to look around because I'm full.

What would you do?How would you respond to her?? I just don't know what to do she said she didn't want to make me mad and she doesn't want to find another daycare. What do I do??
If it was a current client? I would address it head on. "Sally, I received your letter yesterday. What day works for a conference?" If she dithers or hesitates I would be clear "Sally, we can't go on like this. We need to either meet and clear the air or you need to find care that better suits your needs."

If the client had already left? Nothing. Just enjoy that I don't have to have a seat at her circus
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-04-2014, 01:15 PM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,300
Default

Did you term?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-04-2014, 01:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default nope

Nope I didn't term. She was my first client and now I have 12 other children in care I think it's hard not being #1 top priority anymore. I've been avoiding her if possible my assistant deals with her. She gave the letter to my assistant an told her not to give it to me for a few days well I found the letter and am not happy.

This lady just needs to grow up and quit making problems were there are none.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-04-2014, 01:35 PM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 10,459
Default

I'd be filling her spot asap and then tell her to kiss my grits.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-04-2014, 02:06 PM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19,006
Default

If this mom is so unhappy that she has literally kept track of all the "wrongs" for a year now, why is she still enrolled?

You'd think she would have left on her own due to her not being happy there.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-04-2014, 02:14 PM
Play Care's Avatar
Play Care Play Care is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 6,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Nope I didn't term. She was my first client and now I have 12 other children in care I think it's hard not being #1 top priority anymore. I've been avoiding her if possible my assistant deals with her. She gave the letter to my assistant an told her not to give it to me for a few days well I found the letter and am not happy.

This lady just needs to grow up and quit making problems were there are none.
In that case, I would term. I kept my first client and of course when I became licensed and had to make changes to follow regs they were not happy. Became passive aggressive the rest of the time. I wish I had termed
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-04-2014, 02:26 PM
bklsmum's Avatar
bklsmum bklsmum is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 557
Default

I would term! Did your assistant give you the letter right away? If not, I'd be mad!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-04-2014, 03:18 PM
sharlan's Avatar
sharlan sharlan is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chino, California
Posts: 6,039
Default

I would have a heart to heart with my assistant and term the family.

Your asst works for you, not the family.

Parent should not have involved your employee in business affairs.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-04-2014, 03:37 PM
grandmom's Avatar
grandmom grandmom is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 736
Default

Ditto for comments about employee.

Talk to her face to face. "I'm thinking you aren't happy right now" and then let her talk. Don't say a word, till you're ready to negotiate, apologize, or term.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-04-2014, 06:01 PM
cheerfuldom's Avatar
cheerfuldom cheerfuldom is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7,414
Default

I would just tell her to her face "I received your letter and can tell you are unhappy here. I agree that we aren't the right fit for one another so this will be your two weeks termination notice (hand it to her)" and then no matter what she says just keep saying "The termination is final and non-negotiable" It sounds like you have no problem replacing her and why deal with a drama mama that is keeping track of things, writing letters but supposedly doesnt want a different daycare? clearly this is a power play and now you just need to call her bluff and be done with it. I also have had parents complain about little things that happened months ago. If it was that big of a deal to them, they should have spoken up at the time, not saved all the details as weapons against you later.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-04-2014, 08:33 PM
midaycare's Avatar
midaycare midaycare is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom View Post
I would just tell her to her face "I received your letter and can tell you are unhappy here. I agree that we aren't the right fit for one another so this will be your two weeks termination notice (hand it to her)" and then no matter what she says just keep saying "The termination is final and non-negotiable" It sounds like you have no problem replacing her and why deal with a drama mama that is keeping track of things, writing letters but supposedly doesnt want a different daycare? clearly this is a power play and now you just need to call her bluff and be done with it. I also have had parents complain about little things that happened months ago. If it was that big of a deal to them, they should have spoken up at the time, not saved all the details as weapons against you later.
The last thing you want is her complaining to the state about you. Sounds like she is keeping a nice list of everything you do that she doesn't like. I would definitely term.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-04-2014, 08:35 PM
AmyKidsCo's Avatar
AmyKidsCo AmyKidsCo is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,675
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by midaycare View Post
The last thing you want is her complaining to the state about you. Sounds like she is keeping a nice list of everything you do that she doesn't like. I would definitely term.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-05-2014, 03:35 AM
coolconfidentme's Avatar
coolconfidentme coolconfidentme is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,536
Default

I would term & attached her letter to it. She needs a reminder of how petty, childish & rude she is.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-05-2014, 03:42 AM
daycarediva's Avatar
daycarediva daycarediva is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom View Post
I would just tell her to her face "I received your letter and can tell you are unhappy here. I agree that we aren't the right fit for one another so this will be your two weeks termination notice (hand it to her)" and then no matter what she says just keep saying "The termination is final and non-negotiable" It sounds like you have no problem replacing her and why deal with a drama mama that is keeping track of things, writing letters but supposedly doesnt want a different daycare? clearly this is a power play and now you just need to call her bluff and be done with it. I also have had parents complain about little things that happened months ago. If it was that big of a deal to them, they should have spoken up at the time, not saved all the details as weapons against you later.
exactly. Good bye!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-05-2014, 06:46 AM
dave4him's Avatar
dave4him dave4him is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,336
Default

__________________
"God said, I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do.'"
Acts 13:22
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
None

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OMG My Parent Did NOT Tell Me About Shots And Brought Them Anyway!! WWYD??!! LaLa1923 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 29 11-22-2013 07:25 AM
Wwyd? Soccermom Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 8 11-19-2013 07:27 AM
Angeles 6 Seater....WWYD?? LaLa1923 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 13 11-08-2013 07:25 PM
Tough Spot... WWYD? KDC Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 7 05-30-2012 02:16 PM
WWYD?? Second Shift DCK + Visitors? Breezy Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 8 05-29-2012 08:40 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:17 PM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming