Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advertising
LeslieG 10:19 AM 10-20-2016
I was a child care provider in WI but moved out of state last year. Fast forward a year and I am now newly licensed in my new state. I have been advertising for a few weeks now and I am struggling!! I don't remember it being this hard to find families in WI.

So far, I have advertised on Craigslist, Facebook buy/sell/trade groups, and I've talked to a couple of my neighbors about spreading the word.

My husband and I are going to put flyers up at different surrounding locations this weekend. And, with halloween coming up, I am going to wrap a mini advertisement to the candy we pass out to trick-or-treaters.

I was thinking about doing google ads, but not sure.

I know it's easier once you get started because of referrals, but for just starting out, I feel at a loss for what to do.

Do any of you have any suggestions?

Thank you!
cassiesue 10:32 AM 10-20-2016
I like the idea of using Halloween as a means to get your name out there. Years ago, in a different business, we had pencils made with the business info on and passed them out with the candy. They were quite cheap too, but it has been so long that I can't recall if it worked or not.

Check the FB groups twice a day. You can search them at top using term child care. When I have more than 1 opening I will post on there seeking clients. I find the ones that have a pic of the kids engaged in an activity get the most response.

Good luck. Patience is key.
Reply Up