Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>School-Age Activities
Unregistered 08:16 AM 01-20-2020
What types of activities/toys do you have for your school age kids? We have Legos, board games, books, sticker by number, & crayons. They also like playing with Pokemon cards & beyblades. I'd like to add some other fun things that they could play with calmly. They all want to wrestle/run around. It's been-15 outside with wind chill so we can't play out for long periods. I'm running out of ideas & would like to purchase a few new things for them. What are your suggestions?
happymom 10:05 AM 01-20-2020
Not a provider, but my son is in a school age program at daycare.

They LOVE playing chess and backgammon. My son (he's 8) also really loves to color, but prefers to be able to choose his own coloring pages, so he gets supervised access to the internet to choose a coloring page to print on the laser printer (sometimes he can get carried away with this, just a heads up).
questions 09:43 AM 03-02-2020
Dolls, barbies! With accessories*
Dress up the dramatics centre by setting up a table like a restaurant and give them aprons to wear and a notepad for taking orders.
Place magazines, scissors and glue for collages as an art project.
Teach them some card games, like War, Crazy Eights, etc.
Play boardgames with them, when there's time.
topazann 06:39 AM 03-05-2020
Find printable templates, print them and trace them on cardboard to use it as a stencil for the kids. Cut out and let them decorate it. Also, I really like pinterest for kid stuff. I've done a lot from there already. On pinterest search for 'quick science experiments' and you'll come up with a boat load of stuff. We've made sidewalk chalk, crayons, tons of stuff.
Tags:school age care
Reply Up