Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sick DCK Clean up Etc.
Jo123ABC 12:19 PM 01-15-2019
How do you all handle a vomiting kid situation if you're on your own? I usually call my husband to help if someone gets sick but wish I didn't have to.
I had one get sick right as I was putting food on the table today and it's always difficult to juggle 7 kids needs on top of 1 sick kid's needs while cleaning up a really gross mess. I also get really crazy when I know someone has the stomach flu so I dumped all of the toys that were played with today in the tub with a bleach water, shampooed my furniture and rug, and mopped the floor. I really don't want to bounce that yucky stuff around my house for a couple of weeks like last year. Last year I ended up with 2 bouts of stomach flu back to back and had to close shop for 4 days just to get my house 100% disinfected.
Snowmom 01:37 PM 01-15-2019
A vomiting daycare child (not my own)?

I sit them in the bathroom which is my best non-porous surface while I call their parent for pick up. Tell them pick up ASAP and on the double. I can see and hear the bathroom just fine from the playroom thanks to the mirrors I bought on amazon (similar to the anti theft windows in retail stores).

I immediately open windows even in sub zero temps.

I make sure other kids know not to come near the bathroom while I clean up the vomit. I wear a mask dabbed with lemon essential oil so I don't puke while cleaning it up.

Then lysol and use my carpet cleaner after that.

The best thing you can do is air out the house because the flu gets it's best victims when it's airborne.
Jupadia 03:43 PM 01-15-2019
First I send all the kids to my coner center which is fenced in grab a stack of board puzzles mostly this is for the under 2 to 2.5 crowd. The others I'll tell them to pick a different center and stay.

While I do this I'm comforting the child with the newly found decorating ability and striping them down if they are messy. The last guy I fought as it started and helped him just puke on floor since he got it with the first bit and not himself. Then I wipe the kid up grab new clothing snd throw pants and shirt on.

Grab my phone bag, a per towel and other needed supplies. Then call parent and clean. I have lamited flooring covered with mats so no carpet to deal with. I'll bag toys that got covered and clean them when I can I just throw the bag in my laundry sink. Toss the bag with the yucky paper towels and what not ought the door so the smell can disapate. Turn on the dehumidifier and open window so air can move around. We have radiators so the dehumidifier helps.
Most of my parents will get there peaty quick after, I've got a couple moms who actually work at home, but cant have their kids there cause they have to be logged on or deal with calls.
Mom2Two 01:38 PM 01-16-2019
A little kid gets put in their crib. An older kid gets to sit on a sofa (which is covered with a sheet every day) with a towel and a bowl.

I call for pick up and I have fees in my contract if the parent doesn't arrive within 45 mins of me calling. I also charge a cleaning fee for the vomit.

I do the body fluid clean up routine with disp. gloves etc.
Tags:vomit
Reply Up