Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Long....
ilgirltrist11 01:00 PM 07-17-2015
How long do you wait for a parent to get their child's physical form to you? I have a mom who moved to town about 4 months ago and has been looking for a doctor to use for primary care. I told her that I needed the physical form in my hands before her son could start. I just about want to move onto the next person in line now. Opinions appreciated!
Shell 01:05 PM 07-17-2015
I think in Ma we have one month? I always tell parents that I need it before enrollment so they don't slack off about it.
Rockgirl 01:06 PM 07-17-2015
So the child did start care without the form? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding. If so, give her a deadline, and stick with it. She brings the form by a certain date, or you discontinue care.

If the child hasn't started yet, just don't accept the child into care. Move onto someone else.
ilgirltrist11 01:17 PM 07-17-2015
No, I have not started care yet. I am thinking that I should just give her a deadline and move on. She spoke to me today and said that she is planning on getting her son into preschool at the elementary school so I don't see him here much during the school year anyway. If I can have a full time child in place of this child, I would definitely be happier moneywise.

P.S. Her son is 4, going to be 5 on New Years Day. I think she only needs him with me in the summer months.
sharlan 01:29 PM 07-17-2015
I don't allow the kids to start until all forms are filled out. We only have to have immunization records, but they can't start without them.

I would move on to the next child and let this one go.
ilgirltrist11 02:03 PM 07-17-2015
Thanks for the replies and sorry for throwing out all of these questions. It's the bad part about starting something new....not knowing much!
Blackcat31 02:17 PM 07-17-2015
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I don't allow the kids to start until all forms are filled out. We only have to have immunization records, but they can't start without them.

I would move on to the next child and let this one go.
Same here. I provide NO services until ALL forms are completed and on file at daycare. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Originally Posted by ilgirltrist11:
Thanks for the replies and sorry for throwing out all of these questions. It's the bad part about starting something new....not knowing much!
No worries about the questions..... That's what most of us are here for
ilgirltrist11 03:38 PM 07-17-2015
I am not starting anything until I get the forms back. I think I'm going to give her a two week timeframe and then move on. I'm glad that you all have experience with this so that I know what to expect!
Thriftylady 06:22 PM 07-17-2015
Originally Posted by ilgirltrist11:
No, I have not started care yet. I am thinking that I should just give her a deadline and move on. She spoke to me today and said that she is planning on getting her son into preschool at the elementary school so I don't see him here much during the school year anyway. If I can have a full time child in place of this child, I would definitely be happier moneywise.

P.S. Her son is 4, going to be 5 on New Years Day. I think she only needs him with me in the summer months.
Well in most states, he isn't walking into the door of a preschool without it either.
ilgirltrist11 08:10 AM 07-18-2015
Very true! I just hate the waiting game.
Thriftylady 01:07 PM 07-18-2015
Well I say since she hasn't gotten in a hurry if you get a chance to fill the spot, do it. No reason for you to go without income because she can't get her stuff in line. Usually you don't need a PCP to get a basic school physical anyway she could go to an urgent care of something. Yes she needs a PCP, but if your form is like most it is simple stuff.
Play Care 04:40 AM 07-19-2015
Fill the spot. She wants you to wait on her. I wouldn't even entertain her anymore.

The only way I'll do anything for a parent is if they are already handing me a check each week.

"Mrs Maybe,

Thank you for your interest in ABC Family Child Care. At this time I no longer have openings. Should you need assistance in your child care search you can call the referral agency at 555-5555.

Sincerely,
Wait-no-more provider"
Laurel 05:22 AM 07-19-2015
Our licensing regulations say two weeks but I always made them have it before they started.

Laurel
LysesKids 02:32 PM 07-19-2015
I always ask for the vax & physical forms before starting; here in TN it's a requirement for infants/toddlers under 30 months to be cleared by a physician before starting in a childcare situation... I tell parents that place the deposit that they still have to pay their fee if a child is excluded for lack of required paperwork (it states it in the contract they sign too) - If I don't get the paperwork within 14 day of signing/starting, I tell them I will look to replace their family because they cannot attend without the written proof they promised me (most don't like paying $ they can't use lol). Only once have I actually had to "kick a family to the curb" for lack of proof
Tags:paperwork, physical form
Reply Up