Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm Completely New to Daycare, Have Some Questions
Jace 04:19 PM 07-12-2015
Hello everyone. I've recently been hired as an assistant infant/toddler teacher at a daycare center, and I start tomorrow. I just wanted to make a post asking for any and all advice, since I'm pretty nervous about it and really want to make a good first impression tomorrow.

So, I was just wondering if you have any helpful tips for someone who's completely new to daycare and early childhood education? Is there anything important I should focus on tomorrow, anything I definitely should not do?

I'm really just looking for any feedback because I've been doing a lot of research since I got the job, but I still feel like I'm unprepared, haha

Oh yeah, and I know this is a silly question, but as I was reading the forum I couldn't help but wonder... how many diaper changes are typically needed in a day? They mentioned during the interview that changing diapers would be one of my responsibilities, which I'm completely okay with, but to be honest, I've never changed a diaper in my life and so I'm not really sure what to expect. I'm a little bit squeamish about stuff like that, but I think I'll get over it quickly or learn to live with it, because I really do want to work with children
Tags:daycare environment
Up