Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Long??
daycare 03:34 PM 02-24-2011
what is the longest you have had an opening? Also have you ever offered a discount after the spot has been open for a long period of time to attract clients??? If you do when, or how many months do you wait?
Little People 03:43 PM 02-24-2011
My longest opening was 4 weeks and I could have filled it sooner many times with babies, but I waited for a child closer to 2 years old. I have never offered a discount.
MyAngels 05:16 AM 02-25-2011
I wouldn't offer a discount just to fill a spot.

The last time I had an opening for any length of time was my choice - I decided to fill the opening of a child that moved out of the area because I knew one of my dc moms was pregnant, and chose to wait for the baby to fill the spot.
SilverSabre25 05:31 AM 02-25-2011
Technically in the one year I've been open I've never actually been full...so, a year? It takes a LONG time for me to find replacement kids because my area is saturated with in-home providers (no, let's call them babysitters) that do it on the super-cheap (we're talking $10/day for full-time!) and it's hard to compete with people who are offering care illegally and dirt-cheap (I know by word-of-mouth that many of these people have WAY more than the legally allowed number of kids).
squareone 05:40 AM 02-25-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Technically in the one year I've been open I've never actually been full...so, a year? It takes a LONG time for me to find replacement kids because my area is saturated with in-home providers (no, let's call them babysitters) that do it on the super-cheap (we're talking $10/day for full-time!) and it's hard to compete with people who are offering care illegally and dirt-cheap (I know by word-of-mouth that many of these people have WAY more than the legally allowed number of kids).
This is also the case for me. I've been open a year and a half and have never technically been full. Since I am at capacity for infants I've had to turn a few away because I can only take kids over 2 at this time. I would consider giving a very small discount for a family that seemed like a great fit.
broncomom1973 10:15 AM 02-25-2011
I've had an opening for 5 months before, but it was due to my pickiness over who I would take. I only wanted a girl close to my younger dd age because the rest of the kids here are boys and I wanted her to have someone to play with, or should I say someone for her to play dolls and tea party with. The boys I have are rough and tumble and dd is a girly girl, lol. During that 5 month span I did have several calls for infants (whom I will never, ever take again) and for 12 mos+ boys, so I held out for the right girl
daycare 10:20 AM 02-25-2011
i broke my number one rule and took a part timer in the past, I termed the part timer and now I have this spot open.... I usually only take full time. So i think the fact that i have a weird schedule offer is why I cant fill my spot... its monday tuesday and friday.....

8:00am 6:00 pm
Reply Up