Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: How do you Christmas shop?
Television 0 0%
Online 22 40.00%
The old fashioned way...go to the stores 30 54.55%
Other 3 5.45%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Christmas Shopping Poll
wdmmom 12:56 PM 11-03-2011
Just wondering how many childcare providers go out to the stores and buy gifts or if you utilize home shopping network or online shopping.

I've found myself hitting up the web quite a bit this year. Whether it's Amazon, Walmart, or LTD Commodities, I'm getting a few things here and there before the big hustle and bustle.
AfterSchoolMom 01:00 PM 11-03-2011
I use an all cash system. I have a credit card but haven't used it in four years. I definitely prefer to shop in the store, I feel like I have more control over my spending that way.
SilverSabre25 01:02 PM 11-03-2011
old fashioned with a little hint of online...like when the only thing DH wants for christmas is an out of print boardgame.
lil angels 01:03 PM 11-03-2011
I couldn't pick both but I do alot of online and store shopping.
beachgrl 01:05 PM 11-03-2011
I do both, I will nab what I can online especially if I can get it cheaper but then will get other bargains in stores...
Meyou 01:15 PM 11-03-2011
I make a list and do it all in one day at the mall. I don't overbuy that way.
Blackcat31 01:16 PM 11-03-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
old fashioned with a little hint of online...like when the only thing DH wants for christmas is an out of print boardgame.
What she said.

I am a hands on person. I need to feel, see, touch and hold things in order to process them. (Boy, that could be severely misconstrued...if your mind is where mine seems to be today....)
AnneCordelia 01:17 PM 11-03-2011
Internet all the way!!! Lego.com, toysrus, Old Navy and a few other sites have free shipping with a $50 purchase.

I also get items on ebay.

I love internet shopping!!! I do go to stores to get things like clothing for my kids, because they need to try it on.
Cat Herder 01:39 PM 11-03-2011
I put money in paypal monthly, then online shop all year to split it up into manageable chunks.

I keep color coded bins in the attic and toss them in their respective recipients bin as they arrive.

The key is to hide the bins under/behind the old cribs, your high school prom dresses and baby clothes/toys. NOBODY seems to want to touch that stuff...
CheekyChick 01:40 PM 11-03-2011
I do both... For my little ones here (about 20) I use layaway for their Christmas gifts. It costs me a small fortune, but at least I can pay payments.
Blackcat31 01:41 PM 11-03-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I put money in paypal monthly, then online shop all year to split it up into manageable chunks.

I keep color coded bins in the attic and toss them in their respective recipients bin as they arrive.

The key is to hide the bins under/behind the old cribs, your high school prom dresses and baby clothes/toys. NOBODY seems to want to touch that stuff...
you are waaaay too organized.
Cat Herder 01:43 PM 11-03-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
you are waaaay too organized.
Nah...just been broke a VERY long time.

The perk is being done EVERY YEAR by Thanksgiving.
safechner 01:51 PM 11-03-2011
I shop online and at the stores for Christmas!

I usually have cash to buy everything I buy. I use credit card to buy online and I paid off in full when I get bill. I love shopping online but I must have free shipping. If the shipping fee is not free then I go to the store to buy whatever I want.. It is so much easier for me!!
Michael 01:58 PM 11-03-2011
You can make these polls multiple choice. I would have chosen a couple.
Crazy8 08:07 PM 11-03-2011
love, love, love my amazon prime membership and their movers & shakers list around the holidays!!! get amazing deals on toys, electronics, etc. all with free 2 day shipping - can't beat it!

I hate going to stores that time of year but for some gifts I just can't avoid it so I do a portion of in store shopping but mostly online.
daycare 08:42 PM 11-03-2011
I buy gift certificates for everyone from the grocery store cuz I hate shopping.

Ugh
Danielle 05:08 AM 11-04-2011
Mostly in stores but I do some online too.
Danielle 05:09 AM 11-04-2011
Originally Posted by LittleDiamonds:
love, love, love my amazon prime membership and their movers & shakers list around the holidays!!! get amazing deals on toys, electronics, etc. all with free 2 day shipping - can't beat it!

I hate going to stores that time of year but for some gifts I just can't avoid it so I do a portion of in store shopping but mostly online.
Did you know you can get free Amazon Prime through Amazon Moms?
laundrymom 06:04 AM 11-04-2011
I do it all. Lol. I barter, shop local, go online, black Friday, send money to friends in other states and they shop local to them if I need something that I can't find. I don't limit myself to any one thing
E Daycare 08:21 AM 11-05-2011
Originally Posted by lil angels:
I couldn't pick both but I do alot of online and store shopping.
Same here. The catalogs have come out early this year so I do a lot of compare shop on amazon. If its cheaper there I bookmark it and buy stuff each week. I do a lot of Etsy shopping too for more unique stuff. This year im making all the women in my family beauty baskets with samples of stuff people make on etsy. The samples are usually next to nothing and cost much of anything to ship so I can get a bunch of different lotions and bath teas/salts for cheap and put it all together with my DS. I think I spent $40 and can make 10 beauty baskets of bath and body stuff. Win/Win. For other stuff I LOVE TJ Maxx. I need to have my dcp make their checks out to TJ Maxx instead of Mrs E. lol

Originally Posted by Meyou:
I make a list and do it all in one day at the mall. I don't overbuy that way.
Ill PM you my list too
PitterPatter 08:30 AM 11-05-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
Just wondering how many childcare providers go out to the stores and buy gifts or if you utilize home shopping network or online shopping.

I've found myself hitting up the web quite a bit this year. Whether it's Amazon, Walmart, or LTD Commodities, I'm getting a few things here and there before the big hustle and bustle.
A little of everything but mostly in the stores. Things tend to look great in a magazine, TV or even online then when you get them it's cheaply made etc.
Former Teacher 08:30 AM 11-05-2011
I chose other only because I do both online and in stores
PitterPatter 08:36 AM 11-05-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:

I shop all year starting after Christmas!

Can't beat the sales and when it's something I know someone will love I can't pass it up. Hard part is remembering to keep track fo what you have for who.

I have a bin in the attic but just 1 very large one that I could fit in. Everyone thinks has extra bed linens in it because I lay them across the top then put the lid on. Other places for hiding gifts is at my Moms house in her spare bedroom closet. Not hers of course
Maddy'sMommy 08:58 AM 11-05-2011
I've bought the majority of things online so far. Only when I can get free shipping deals, or on bargain websites where things are a lot cheaper.

The one thing I may go to the store for is that new "Let's Rock" Elmo. It's pretty cute, and my 1 year old loves dancing and music.
melissa ann 08:19 AM 11-07-2011
I do on-line and store shopping. I really hate dealing with the pushy, annoying shoppers and will gladly pay for shipping to buy my gifts on line: )
awestbrook713 11:49 AM 11-07-2011
Mostly online since the stores are so far from where I live. I actually had two gifts arrive today and waiting for several more. I love Amazon.com. Once I find something I want to buy I love looking for the best deal, I think of it as a game.
Tags:christmas gifts, poll
Reply Up