Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>0-Type Blood and Covid
Annalee 04:17 AM 10-29-2020
My bro with the heart issues went to see his cardiologist last week for a checkup and my bro asked him about how to not get covid. The doctor told him he probably would not get it as he had type 0. If he did get it, said it should not be a severe case and he might not even know he had it???

I called yesterday and my bloodtype is 0 as well so????

The lady I talked with to get my bloodtype said the doctor had told her mother the same thing?

Have any of yall heard this?

Actually, they said type 0 generally does not have severe reactions to flu, stomach virus, etc. That type 0 was not necessarily immune to sickness but had a higher percentage of not getting these things.??
sahm1225 05:28 AM 10-29-2020
I wonder if it makes a difference if you’re O+ or O-.
I’m O- and I rarely get sick. Or if I do, it’s usually mild or a super quick bug. I thought it was just because I am
Active and work with kids.

The only exception was last fall. I had a cold that lingered for almost a month (runny nose, cough, tired) and then caught a stomach bug that lasted two days. It was absolutely horrible. I quarantined myself in my bedroom and didn’t come out for 2-3 days. I did the Covid antibody test and I Don’t have antibodies. It was seriously the worst I’ve ever been sick. Last November was tough!
Annalee 05:33 AM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
I’m O- and I rarely get sick. Or if I do, it’s usually mild or a super quick bug. I thought it was just because I am

The only exception was last fall. I had a cold that lingered for almost a month (runny nose, cough, tired) and then caught a stomach bug that lasted two days. It was absolutely horrible. I quarantined myself in my bedroom and didn’t come out for 2-3 days. I did the Covid antibody test and I Don’t have antibodies. It was seriously the worst I’ve ever been sick. Last November was tough!
It's is type 0 in general + or -.
Blackcat31 06:18 AM 10-29-2020
I just heard this very same thing from a DCP this morning!
She mentioned reading something about Type O (no idea about the negative or not) people are not as likely to get sick with severe symptoms and/or may not even get it at all.

Interesting.

I have no idea what my blood type is and if it's even listed on my records or what...
Annalee 06:21 AM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I just heard this very same thing from a DCP this morning!
She mentioned reading something about Type O (no idea about the negative or not) people are not as likely to get sick with severe symptoms and/or may not even get it at all.

Interesting.

I have no idea what my blood type is and if it's even listed on my records or what...
My primary care didn't have my type but my baby doctor had it.
Blackcat31 06:25 AM 10-29-2020
Here's a link to some info online

https://www.hematology.org/newsroom/...e-and-covid-19

(WASHINGTON, Oct. 14, 2020) — Two studies published today in Blood Advances suggest people with blood type O may have a lower risk of COVID-19 infection and reduced likelihood of severe outcomes, including organ complications, if they do get sick.

Blood type O may offer some protection against COVID-19 infection, according to a retrospective study. Researchers compared Danish health registry data from more than 473,000 individuals tested for COVID-19 to data from a control group of more than 2.2 million people from the general population. Among the COVID-19 positive, they found fewer people with blood type O and more people with A, B, and AB types.

The study results suggest that people with blood types A, B, or AB may be more likely to be infected with COVID-19 than people with type O. The researchers did not find any significant difference in rate of infection between A, B, and AB types. Since blood group distributions vary among ethnic subgroups, the researchers also controlled for ethnicity and maintained that fewer people with blood type O tested positive for the virus.

284878 06:51 AM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by sahm1225:

Interesting my dd, DS and DH all had the same symptoms as you did in late February early March. I wasn't as sick as they were I am O+. And I'm curious what my kids and my husband are.

When I called the Peds about my DS's lingering cough they said it was a new cold virus they had a that had a lingering cough, and then the whole covid hit.
Baby Beluga 09:51 AM 10-29-2020
I too heard/read about this.

I am O, but I don't remember if I am - or +. I'd have to look. But throughout my life I have noticed I do not get as sick as many friends/family members. I have been described as "hardy" My exception is bronchitis. Whenever I have a cold, it immediately moves to my lungs and I end up with pretty bad bronchitis. Usually happens once a year, sometime around November - February.
Deftones34 12:11 PM 10-29-2020
I am O+. I got COVID in March which felt like a mild flu. It is not the sickest I have ever been but I have been left with lingering, uncomfortable symptoms since then.

Before getting COVID, I had no known health conditions. I am 5'4 110-113 pounds and exercise six days a week so no weight issues either.

All of this is to say that, no one is immune and you never know how bad your symptoms will be. You do not want it.
AmyKidsCo 01:05 PM 10-30-2020
I've heard this also, and that my blood type - A+ - is more likely to have more serious symptoms.

I decided to reject that reality and substitute my own. I do that a lot when I don't like reality.
Tags:blood type, covid-19 - blood type
Reply Up