Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Why Do Ads Have To So Arrogant And Rude To Other Providers?
Unregistered 09:18 AM 01-26-2012
I understand making your business stand out and highlighting the positive. I just don't understand why you need to beat up your competition in this manner.

This is what was in my local CL today:
Keep in mind for her area home childcare makes a high end of 120 a week

Hello parents!
After being really dissatisfied with both the commercial and private daycare options for my baby and almost 3 year old, I have decided to open a very small and exclusive daycare. I have two kids of my own and I will not take more than four kids. The fact that these providers have 10 children of mixed ages is way too high. I want to be able to give each precious child the attention that they deserve and need in order to succeed. I am a college graduate and taught my son to read by his 2nd birthday. Education in all areas is very important to me and not even the "top" daycares were able to provide the caliber of education that should be every parents standard.
I also could not understand why frozen or canned food was served and this qualified for the government assistance for healthy food. I feed my children all natural organic whole foods. Most of it I make from scratch. I have found this is the key for healthy children and sharp minds.

Music and art wil be a major focus as well as imagination play and dancing, stretching and just being silly. I enjoy making craft projects and we will do a new craft or art project everyday will all mediums. I will also be taking pictures throughout the day so you don't feel like you are missing out on all our fun activities! I check diapers constantly and never allow a child to sit in a dirty diaper. It
is amazing to me that the only time my son ever had a diaper rash was when he was in daycare. Your children will not get diaper rashes with me. I also will not limit a growing kids calorie intake. Little kids have growth spurts and sometimes they need more food. I myself have a picky eater and I have found that if my child did not like what was on the menu at daycare he was allowed to starve. That is something I would never do. If you have a picky eater or a kid that needs a special diet I have no qualms about serving a few different options. I want every kid to be full and healthy!

I will also provide a detailed report card everyday explaining what we learned, what we played with and what we ate and toilet habits. I am a non smoker, we have one child friendly dog that will be separated from the kids if the patents prefer. I also would love to take the children to the zoo and the different museums! I have a big safe suburban.

My rates are a bit higher than most in home daycares for a few reasons, I buy only organic food which is more expensive and I will only take in a few children and I purchased lots of instruments and art supplies and fun stuff! I charge 200 for infants and 175 for toddlers and 150 for kids over 3.
cheerfuldom 09:38 AM 01-26-2012
I wouldnt let it bother me. Clearly she has no clue what actually running a daycare and providing these services is going to take. I am all for activities, healthy food and such but lets be real....first of all, she is going to have a hard time finding kids if her prices are $75 more a week than anyone else, she is going to have a hard time keeping parents happy when she guarantees no diaper rashs, reading by 2 years old and that sort of thing

I understand trying to create the environment you were looking for when your kid was in daycare BUT there is a reason why some of these things cannot be done and she will find it out soon enough. I doubt she will have time for tons of pictures and such when she has 5 or 6 kids running around and parents to deal with on top of that.
Ariana 09:39 AM 01-26-2012
IMO she sounds like an uptight grouchy b---!! I'd never send my kid to her!! She'll just get other uptight grouchy b---- as clients

It's obvious to me she's never ever provided care to a single child other than her own in her life. Her expectations for herself are so high she'll be burnt out by next tuesday!
Daycaremomof2 09:47 AM 01-26-2012
She will definitely get interviews from that- there are lots of parents out there who are looking for a speciaty service, and they will pay for it too.

She will eventually burn out though, and become very frustrated- wait until she has to throw 95% of that organic food out because the kids wont eat it. (I know bc I tried it- a huge waste of $$$).

Honestly, you can't knock her for trying to separate herself from everyone else. It is a business after all, and she is just trying to make some money. The parents she attracts will most likely have high demands though and she is going to be irritated eventually.
Daycaremomof2 09:48 AM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by Ariana:
IMO she sounds like an uptight grouchy b---!! I'd never send my kid to her!! She'll just get other uptight grouchy b---- as clients

It's obvious to me she's never ever provided care to a single child other than her own in her life. Her expectations for herself are so high she'll be burnt out by next tuesday!
You are right- her expectations are super high for herself- looking back to when I first started, I had super high expectations too. I think you really don't know until you do it yourself- she will be humbled over time, if she can even cut it for that long.
Cat Herder 09:57 AM 01-26-2012
I can't.......I can't.....Can't breath......

I give her 12 months.... The hoppers and PITA's will eat her alive.
Sunchimes 10:00 AM 01-26-2012
Is it terrible that with all of her big talk about her college education and her high demands, um, I mean standards for her child, my first reaction was an urge to correct her spelling, grammar, and capitalization?
Ariana 10:04 AM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by :
Music and art wil be a major focus as well as imagination play and dancing, stretching and just being silly. I enjoy making craft projects and we will do a new craft or art project everyday will all mediums. I will also be taking pictures throughout the day so you don't feel like you are missing out on all our fun activities!
Does anyone else picture her standing with a big ruler in her hand forcing the kids to use their imaginations and "be silly"
iheartkids 10:09 AM 01-26-2012
I stopped reading after the third sentence...
Sometimes less is more in my opinion (as far as bragging about yourself)
JenNJ 10:11 AM 01-26-2012
Her brilliant 2 year old should teach her how to spell and use proper punctuation.
Cat Herder 10:11 AM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Does anyone else picture her standing with a big ruler in her hand forcing the kids to use their imaginations and "be silly"
I had images of the "ELITE" school from the movie Matilda in my head.....
Christian Mother 10:12 AM 01-26-2012
She'd be a good candidate for a reality series...they have everything now down to "Dance Moms"...no daycare though...someone needs to pitch one of those...i'd totally watch!!
countrymom 10:17 AM 01-26-2012
ohhhhohhhhhhh guys she's offering "special". Good luck to her, because once you offer special theres no turning back lol!
Heidi 10:23 AM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
Is it terrible that with all of her big talk about her college education and her high demands, um, I mean standards for her child, my first reaction was an urge to correct her spelling, grammar, and capitalization?
Me too!

Sometimes I wish this site had a spellcheck, though! I find that as I am getting older, my spelling is going kaput. Oldtimers disease?

Clearly, her "education" is not in Early Childhood! Reading at 2? WHYYYYY??????????????
Heidi 10:24 AM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by Christian Mother:
She'd be a good candidate for a reality series...they have everything now down to "Dance Moms"...no daycare though...someone needs to pitch one of those...i'd totally watch!!

Angelmichelle 10:33 AM 01-26-2012
I envision her sitting the babies down to "Your Child Can Read" on yoga mats while she's preparing 3-4 separate meals for the picky eaters with all that organic food. We have a daycare around here that is very prestigious (?) and caters to a very elite group of parents. They do fairly well, however, the turnover rate for the assistants and the families is astounding. In her defense, she started child care at the same time I did (we were in the same pre-certification classes in 2005) and she has lasted, I had to quit for an extended time, so something must be working for her. Looking at her FB she has frustrations all the time with those she works with (families, assistants) but she has all the while maintained her very high standards of care. She would be the perfect candidate for the proposed reality show! You pitch the idea to Lifetime and I'll supply her contact details. :-)
Michelle 10:34 AM 01-26-2012
She doesn't freeze her food?
Oh, she must have chickens in back and goes out to "get her organic meat" while the kids are all reading.
busymommy0420 10:38 AM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I want to be able to give each precious child the attention that they deserve and need in order to succeed. I am a college graduate and taught my son to read by his 2nd birthday. Education in all areas is very important to me and not even the "top" daycares were able to provide the caliber of education that should be every parents standard.
Even the TOP daycare's do not push education to 2 year olds because it is NOT appropriate for their age. Children learn from play!!! I do 30-60 min a day...that's it, of structured "education" like coloring, painting, fun worksheets, flash cards and games. The rest of the day we learn from play not a dictatorship of learning. I will never forget in an interview I had the Mom said that education is great but she wants to make sure her daughter is receiving LOVE at daycare so the standard most parents I hope would be looking for is LOVE not to make their child a genius IMO. I was hired and have loved her child for almost a year now.

I I check diapers constantly and never allow a child to sit in a dirty diaper. It
is amazing to me that the only time my son ever had a diaper rash was when he was in daycare. Your children will not get diaper rashes with me.
Hmmmmm some children just get rashes from their type of skin, allergies, poor diaper quality. I wonder if a child in her care developed a rash would she give a discount to the parent?

Originally Posted by :
I also could not understand why frozen or canned food was served and this qualified for the government assistance for healthy food. I feed my children all natural organic whole foods. Most of it I make from scratch. I have found this is the key for healthy children and sharp minds.
OK I can see canned but I thought frozen fruits and veggies were just as good as fresh? Aren't they picked in the peak of their season, froze and then sold? Doesn't that maintain the nutritional values? I use frozen veggies and fruits all the time. Yesterday we made delicious smoothies from frozen mango, pineapple, peaches and strawberries. Give me a break lady!!!!
littlemissmuffet 10:45 AM 01-26-2012

She'll be out of business in no time... that is, if she even gets going!

Let's all step back a moment and be so very thankful that this woman is no longer a daycare client
Heidi 10:46 AM 01-26-2012
OK I can see canned but I thought frozen fruits and veggies were just as good as fresh? Aren't they picked in the peak of their season, froze and then sold? Doesn't that maintain the nutritional values? I use frozen veggies and fruits all the time. Yesterday we made delicious smoothies from frozen mango, pineapple, peaches and strawberries. Give me a break lady!!!!

I actually have been told that frozen is BETTER than fresh (I think from our food program), if fresh means from the grocery store. We live in WI. In winter, it takes 3-4 days (at least) for that food to get from CA or Chile or where ever it's grown and get to the store, then it sits there until someone buys it. Frozen food is flash-frozen as it's picked, pretty much!
busymommy0420 10:51 AM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by bbo:
[b]

I actually have been told that frozen is BETTER than fresh (I think from our food program), if fresh means from the grocery store. We live in WI. In winter, it takes 3-4 days (at least) for that food to get from CA or Chile or where ever it's grown and get to the store, then it sits there until someone buys it. Frozen food is flash-frozen as it's picked, pretty much!

Thank You!!!! I thought so.
greenhouse 10:53 AM 01-26-2012
Oy. She's in for a serious reality check. My dck comes on monday with diaper rash from a weekend at home. Please! And reading by 2 years is total bs IMO.
Daycaremomof2 11:01 AM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:

She'll be out of business in no time... that is, if she even gets going!

Let's all step back a moment and be so very thankful that this woman is no longer a daycare client
Amen sister!
dave4him 11:02 AM 01-26-2012
That is way to long for an ad! And i would have not even finished it if i was looking.
dEHmom 11:07 AM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I had images of the "ELITE" school from the movie Matilda in my head.....

that's hilarious, because for some reason i was picturing the movie matilda too!!!!!!
Meeko 09:06 PM 01-28-2012
She's basically told parents that they can expect "perfection" and that she is willing to bend to their every whim.

The poor woman is going to have a rude awakening in a few weeks!

You can't tell parents "You can have it all and have it all you way!" without losing your sanity quickly!
Meeko 09:07 PM 01-28-2012
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
that's hilarious, because for some reason i was picturing the movie matilda too!!!!!!
...or the "academy" run by Angelica Huston in Daddy Day Care.....
Countrygal 02:23 PM 01-29-2012
I guess I have a weird mind.... My whole thoughts on her ad was "she can GUARANTEE the kids will NEVER get diaper rash?????" You can tell she has limited experience with children. I'd say to her "good luck, sistah.... yose gonna need it!"
Tags:new provider, unreasonable expectations
Reply Up