Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ironic?
Breezy 05:44 AM 06-12-2012
DCM came to drop off my PT screamer yesterday morning. My new DCG was there as well as she had been dropped off an hour before. She is very scared still and whenever I go to open the front door, she thinks it's because her dad is there to pick her up

So when I opened the front door to let DCM in her huge smile went to a quivering bottom lip and she cried and cried and cried. As I waited for DCM to hurry up and give me DCG so she could go DCM is just standing there with my screamer just staring at my crying sad DCG.

She says to her, "Really???" And then to me, "Does she cry like this ALL DAY?"

I said, "She is scared and still adjusting to her new environment."

DCM was acting AMAZED and SHOCKED at DCG obviously crying a very very sad cry.

Now what is ironic is the fact that her daughter cries ALL day!! Because she is spoiled! She follows me around the house ALL DAY screaming her head off because I am not holding her. Yesterday she screamed from 7:08am until seconds before she was picked up at 4:30pm. Only stopped for 30 minutes to sleep or when she was being held. And let me tell you, the moment I pick her up the crying stops and I get smiles and laughter.

DCD and I talked on Sunday at pick up about how she cries constantly during the day and he told me DCM holds DCG at ANY noise she makes and he tells her all the time to stop doing that because she is spoiled. DCD and I talked AGAIN yesterday when he came and picked her up and she was screaming.

If I step over the baby gate to go to the bathroom she CLIMBS the gate because she is so upset.

And DCM is in disbelief at DCGs crying??

I was FLOORED!

From now on, when DCG is screaming and following me around with her blood curdling cry, I am calling DCM and letting her know she can come get her because I am not dealing with it anymore.

And very very very very soon, she will be termed.

The end.
cheerfuldom 06:07 AM 06-12-2012
oh hunny, I cant believe you have hung in there so long.

things are always cute and excusable when it is from your own kid. HER kids cry is not anywhere as annoying as this other kids cry (insert sarcasm)
Breezy 06:16 AM 06-12-2012
I cant either! But as DH says I may not like DCG but I sure do like to have groceries. And in order to have groceries, I have to either keep her or replace her. Luckily her replacement starts next week!!!
My3cents 06:38 AM 06-12-2012
Breezy-

You have to do what you have to do. When the child screams have you tried calling her bluff, getting down on her level and telling her firmly NO, No Screaming. or........ talk very softly so she has to listen to what your saying with all her might. If nothing is working, then you have no choice.

Do you plan to do daycare when you move. If you do I wish for you a wonderful group of kiddo's.

Best-
Breezy 06:49 AM 06-12-2012
Originally Posted by My3cents:
Breezy-

You have to do what you have to do. When the child screams have you tried calling her bluff, getting down on her level and telling her firmly NO, No Screaming. or........ talk very softly so she has to listen to what your saying with all her might. If nothing is working, then you have no choice.

Do you plan to do daycare when you move. If you do I wish for you a wonderful group of kiddo's.

Best-
Oh yes I have tried all that. I have recently been picking her up only when she is quiet and when she is hanging on my crying to be held I bring her to the toys and try and distract her with them. Doesnt work though! She comes right back-never ever plays with toys!!

When I am making lunch she sits on the kitchen floor screaming with her hands up!
My3cents 06:51 AM 06-12-2012
Originally Posted by Breezy:
I cant either! But as DH says I may not like DCG but I sure do like to have groceries. And in order to have groceries, I have to either keep her or replace her. Luckily her replacement starts next week!!!
Then let your DH watch her!!! You also need to have your sanity! Don't get involved with your husbands work and don't let him tell you how to run your business. Kids will come and go- be prepared for that.

Best-

This really irritated me. My husband ever told me that, I would be telling him that I guess he is going to go with out something and or I guess he will not be eating either. Not right for him to put it all on you like that. I understand having to have the income but in this business clients come and go. Your sanity has to count for something. I know I basically repeated myself, and I hope that YOU got it the 2nd time around- don't ever put up with that attitude from someone that is supposed to love, support and care about you. Your husband should trust in you that you have tried and it is not working out. You wouldn't expect your husband to go to work and be in an environment that is unhealthy for him. We put up with as much as we can but there are times when enough is enough already. Sorry I just really feel for you-
texascare 07:38 AM 06-12-2012
I have learned all money is not good money and your sanity is worth more than any daycare parent could ever pay. I had a screamer for almost 2 years and it affected the group so bad I had parents ready to leave so I let him go and I felt like a weight had just been lifted off my shoulders. The kids were much happier. You have to do whats best for you and your business.
Blackcat31 07:46 AM 06-12-2012
Originally Posted by texascare:
I have learned all money is not good money and your sanity is worth more than any daycare parent could ever pay. I had a screamer for almost 2 years and it affected the group so bad I had parents ready to leave so I let him go and I felt like a weight had just been lifted off my shoulders. The kids were much happier. You have to do whats best for you and your business.

I've said it before and since it is worth repeating, I will:

"My time, sanity and personal self-worth are more valuable to me than keeping clients who think they can treat me like dirt" (...or keeping screamer babies who do nothing but scream! )
texascare 07:52 AM 06-12-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

I've said it before and since it is worth repeating, I will:

"My time, sanity and personal self-worth are more valuable to me than keeping clients who think they can treat me like dirt" (...or keeping screamer babies who do nothing but scream! )
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
momma2girls 08:42 AM 06-12-2012
Originally Posted by texascare:
I have also learned the hard way. No money is worth everyone's sanity!!!
cheerfuldom 08:56 AM 06-12-2012
I wouldnt let her follow me. I would find a spot where she can cry all day that is as far away from everyone else as possible. Check on her, feed and diaper her, and then back to the spot for the rest of the time. She is crying no matter what you do so you might as well just let her go at it on her own.
Breezy 09:11 AM 06-12-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I wouldnt let her follow me. I would find a spot where she can cry all day that is as far away from everyone else as possible. Check on her, feed and diaper her, and then back to the spot for the rest of the time. She is crying no matter what you do so you might as well just let her go at it on her own.
I have been putting her in the super gate but she climbs it in anger and i am afraid she will fall backwards.

The other thing is I know she is getting dehydrated. She wont drink the water unless you feed it to her like a bird. Her eyes are always sunken looking. Ugh!!! In this heat you NEED water its so dry here.
cheerfuldom 09:32 AM 06-12-2012
I have been putting her in the super gate but she climbs it in anger and i am afraid she will fall backwards.

The other thing is I know she is getting dehydrated. She wont drink the water unless you feed it to her like a bird. Her eyes are always sunken looking. Ugh!!! In this heat you NEED water its so dry here.
Can she climb out of a pack and play?

Can you make water popsicles for her? Freeze water in little cups or ice cube trays and stick a popsicle stick in it so she can lick water on her own. Can be drippy and messy but its only water and at least that is something.
Breezy 09:43 AM 06-12-2012
Can she climb out of a pack and play?

Can you make water popsicles for her? Freeze water in little cups or ice cube trays and stick a popsicle stick in it so she can lick water on her own. Can be drippy and messy but its only water and at least that is something.
Oooo great idea! No she doesnt climb out of a pnp but it makes he scream more because shes more restricted. I have been resorting to putting her in it though if all she is going to do.is scream. When she is quiet I go over and play with her but as soon as the crying starts I stop.
My3cents 10:01 AM 06-12-2012
Oooo great idea! No she doesnt climb out of a pnp but it makes he scream more because shes more restricted. I have been resorting to putting her in it though if all she is going to do.is scream. When she is quiet I go over and play with her but as soon as the crying starts I stop.
keep doing this and try not to make eye contact when she is howling. She sounds over tired to say the least. Have you ruled out all the things like ear infections etc......

I am just throwing things out at you, I have the feeling you have tried it all......

but have you tried rubbing her back until she falls asleep or her face in one direction, eyebrow temple area same direction works well. Burping her a little harder then normal- of course not hurting her but a good burping. Crying she can be swallowing a lot of gasses that can get stuck and make her more miserable and the process begins again.

I feel for you-
Best-
Breezy 10:16 AM 06-12-2012
Originally Posted by My3cents:
keep doing this and try not to make eye contact when she is howling. She sounds over tired to say the least. Have you ruled out all the things like ear infections etc......

I am just throwing things out at you, I have the feeling you have tried it all......

but have you tried rubbing her back until she falls asleep or her face in one direction, eyebrow temple area same direction works well. Burping her a little harder then normal- of course not hurting her but a good burping. Crying she can be swallowing a lot of gasses that can get stuck and make her more miserable and the process begins again.

I feel for you-
Best-
I really appreciate all the suggestions! And I know I shouldnt be listening to my Dh when it comes to my business. He has a point though. All the money I get for this DCG goes to our food!

I do rub her back, shush her, burp her, cuddle her, etc but thats when the crying stops. When I am holding or fawning over her.

The monent she is put down despite how happy and cooing she was before they crying begins. Her dad admitted mom holds her all the time. Mom also gets her up to play when she wakes up in the middle of the night even when she is still tired.

When she is napping here and she reaches a different sleep cycle she wakes up screaming and if I dont go in right away she usually settles herself to sleep. Yesterday I laid down on the bed with her while DS was napping and she fell asleep. Slept for 2 hours with me laying next to her (reading, not sleeping) and though well rested and fed after the nap she still screamed the house down.
KEG123 10:29 AM 06-12-2012
How old are these babies?
cheerfuldom 10:29 AM 06-12-2012
I really appreciate all the suggestions! And I know I shouldnt be listening to my Dh when it comes to my business. He has a point though. All the money I get for this DCG goes to our food!

I do rub her back, shush her, burp her, cuddle her, etc but thats when the crying stops. When I am holding or fawning over her.

The monent she is put down despite how happy and cooing she was before they crying begins. Her dad admitted mom holds her all the time. Mom also gets her up to play when she wakes up in the middle of the night even when she is still tired.

When she is napping here and she reaches a different sleep cycle she wakes up screaming and if I dont go in right away she usually settles herself to sleep. Yesterday I laid down on the bed with her while DS was napping and she fell asleep. Slept for 2 hours with me laying next to her (reading, not sleeping) and though well rested and fed after the nap she still screamed the house down.

whoa baby! are you SURE that the parents are not co sleeping with her? that could the the cause of the sleep issues.
Breezy 10:51 AM 06-12-2012
whoa baby! are you SURE that the parents are not co sleeping with her? that could the the cause of the sleep issues.
Im not sure. She does sleep in their room. I am pretty sure they dont bed share though as mom is 400+ pounds and has commented before on the fact that theres no room for DCG.

KEG123: she is going to be 12 months next month but born 13 weeks early
Reply Up