Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advertising...
KEG123 11:57 AM 12-27-2012
Anyone ever put an ad in the paper? I'm debating on calling and asking about price to list my daycare. What would be a good, eye catching ad?

Also, what other outlets have you had luck with? I've already done CL. I'm listed with the CCR&R. I'm probably going to take some flyers around this weekend.
Abigail 12:09 PM 12-27-2012
Around here a daycare association works, word of mouth with current families works well, church works, and so do flyers. I checked out online ads and they were too expensive for when I do have other options. You get more room if you create your own flyer and hang it at grocery stores, etc, but remember you may have to wait up to 3-4 weeks before they're post it on their boards too. If know people who work in large retails or other stores you should ask them if you bring them business cards or flyers if they would be allowed to post it in the break room. I've done that too.
KEG123 12:11 PM 12-27-2012
Yeah I definitely do not have 3-4 weeks. Like, I need to fill this spot in the next 2 weeks.
MarinaVanessa 08:50 AM 12-28-2012
I personally have never used the newspaper to advertise however I know providers who have and they all have said that it was a waste of money. Around here our daycare association, CL and our local resource & referral agency is what works best.
renodeb 09:31 PM 12-30-2012
I took an add out in the local paper and it was a huge waste of money. I get more calls from cl and ccr&r lists. Always have business cards to hand out. Flyers are a great idea. Have business cards to hand your present clients. I leave business cards every where I go.
Deb
Meeko 08:05 AM 12-31-2012
I am in the phone book and get almost daily calls. If people are looking for care, they often don't even know about CCRR etc. In fact most are surprised when I give out the phone number to CCRR because I am full.

If parents are looking for care, they usually either look up child care in the phone book or go online and look up "their city child care" and we pop right up on Google automatically. Any other kind of advertising is actually a bother to me as I stay full and get a ton of calls anyway. It costs me $18 a month to have a listing in the yellow pages. A listing in the book also means a listing online too.

I use Nettalk for a separate phone line for the business. No monthly phone bill at all!
Fruitloops1 08:11 AM 12-31-2012
Yelp.com has brought quite a few families to me. It is free to set-up a business listing.
allsmiles 11:56 AM 12-31-2012
Originally Posted by Meeko:
I am in the phone book and get almost daily calls. If people are looking for care, they often don't even know about CCRR etc. In fact most are surprised when I give out the phone number to CCRR because I am full.

If parents are looking for care, they usually either look up child care in the phone book or go online and look up "their city child care" and we pop right up on Google automatically. Any other kind of advertising is actually a bother to me as I stay full and get a ton of calls anyway. It costs me $18 a month to have a listing in the yellow pages. A listing in the book also means a listing online too.

I use Nettalk for a separate phone line for the business. No monthly phone bill at all!
really good ideas!! thanks
Tags:advertise
Reply Up