Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Close For Snow?
jenh171 03:42 AM 01-27-2011
I really would like to figure out a fair policy for snow days. It is driving me nuts this winter because 4 of the five people I work for work in the schools, and the other one works no matter what the weather is. So I want to be accomodating to the one girl who does NOT work in the school, but it's a huge pain to stay open with one child here. Also, I don't have a separate area for child care, so I just hate working when my daughters/boyfriend all have off for snow. Until now, I have been just biting the bullet and working with the one little girl here, but it's seems much more sensible to perhaps close when the local school closes?

Also, I would like to know the logistics of how you go about taking the snow day. Do you let your parents know the night before? Because another issue is that when we get hit with a foot of snow, I spend all morning waiting to hear from parents if they are coming or not...and I have to be ready to work in case someone shows up. So I was thinking of maybe telling my parents that I will work with the local school...if they close, I will close. Does that seem reasonable?
Tags:bad weather, closed from snow, snow, snow policy, weather policy
Up