Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Outdated Material?
DCMomOf3 08:06 AM 01-27-2011
What do you do with outdated material? Things that have been added or changed since you got a book or resource.

For instance, I have a large puzzle of the solar system and it lists one fact about each planet. It says Jupiter has 62 moons but they have found another in this last year so the info is out of date. My SA kids love the puzzle but I feel bad that they are learning old info.
Michael 03:36 PM 01-27-2011
Donate or throw it out. If it's just Pluto being a planet and not an ice ball I think I would keep that one.
Abigail 11:36 PM 01-27-2011
I would say it is okay to still have it. You could use it as an example of how things change and find a new book or something that has the new information to compare to the puzzle. Just because it's "outdated" doesn't mean it is completely useless. It's still a puzzle right?
SilverSabre25 04:19 AM 01-28-2011
No offense, but whether or not Jupiter has 62 or 63 moons is entirely a minor detail. NO ONE is ever going to be tested on how many moons Jupiter has beyond the four Galilean ones. I wouldn't even blink about Pluto still being listed as a planet. It's still a puzzle, it's still fun, and I can almost guarantee you that by the time these kids are learning about the solar system in school, Jupiter will have upwards of 70 moons.
DCMomOf3 05:08 AM 01-28-2011
I know SS, but that was my most recent example, and my mean FIL DID correct my son.

Thanks, I won't worry too much about it.
Tags:outdated material
Reply Up