Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sigh
Magic 08:46 PM 11-04-2014
I just lost about half my income in about 30 hours
2 families , one moving , one due to finances
and I can guarantee you the one due to finances is going to... at 6:20 am ( will be 10 mins early as always ) will tell me her money woes, she makes too much money now for subsidy and now is getting free help with the kids
I hope she doesnt do it ...for it will not go over well with me ...it is now not about her it is about me
and I just had to turn down two part timers because I couldn't get them all in the van to drive HER children to school ..one child is special needs and can not take the bus ...
I might be out about 1000 a month and she now saving 1000 a month so again I hope she does not tell me her money woes ...
...but ...
I will be OK ...I have like many of us ...faced worse ......
TheGoodLife 09:00 PM 11-04-2014
Originally Posted by Magic:
I just lost about half my income in about 30 hours
2 families , one moving , one due to finances
and I can guarantee you the one due to finances is going to... at 6:20 am ( will be 10 mins early as always ) will tell me her money woes, she makes too much money now for subsidy and now is getting free help with the kids
I hope she doesnt do it ...for it will not go over well with me ...it is now not about her it is about me
and I just had to turn down two part timers because I couldn't get them all in the van to drive HER children to school ..one child is special needs and can not take the bus ...
I might be out about 1000 a month and she now saving 1000 a month so again I hope she does not tell me her money woes ...
...but ...
I will be OK ...I have like many of us ...faced worse ......
I'm so sorry Is it possible to try to get the two PTers still?
Magic 09:00 PM 11-04-2014
I just read an other post about " I lost my best friend "
makes my complant not so important any more
yes we have all faced worse .......
my heart feels more pain for others than myself at this time
hope 03:18 AM 11-05-2014
I had a parent leave their job and give notice years ago. She complained to me how broke she will be and I replied with something like "I know how you feel. I was just fired today."
Try to contact the families you turned away and start advertising like crazy. Sounds like this family gone is a win for you.
Crazy8 07:59 AM 11-05-2014
Originally Posted by hope:
I had a parent leave their job and give notice years ago. She complained to me how broke she will be and I replied with something like "I know how you feel. I was just fired today."
Try to contact the families you turned away and start advertising like crazy. Sounds like this family gone is a win for you.
going thru this now. they have no clue how their actions affect us too.

hope you can replace kids easily. yes, we go thru worse, but losing income is never easy.
KiddieCahoots 09:37 AM 11-05-2014
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
going thru this now. they have no clue how their actions affect us too.

hope you can replace kids easily. yes, we go thru worse, but losing income is never easy.
Ditto!
I'm emotionally spent (from daycare), so figure it couldn't have come at a better time.
Don't know if this can help you, but I'm totally switching gears. Rediscovering myself, almost like I just broke up from a bad relationship, lol!

Pulling in the belt financially, but now that I have less kids, have more time for my family, dogs, house, activities I have put aside, and I'm getting back into my groove. Feels nice.
Soccermom 10:13 AM 11-05-2014
When one door closes, another door opens.

Keep that in mind while remaining positive and good things will come your way.

I am the complete opposite...I almost wish some of my families would pull their kids. It would give me the push I need to explore other things without the guilt of abandoning the good families that I have.
Magic 11:33 AM 11-06-2014
I am looking at the positve
I do know this is what I love doing and I will still be able to pay bills just not much else ...glad I saved for a time like this

I have started to advertise but I am also looking for a break over the winter
with the one family leaving it means ...no 6:30 am start, no driving to school in the snow with many children , no killer schedualing to fit in part time and drop in between school hours, more road trips and a less tired daycare lady at the end of the day
so
more energry for my daughter, the farm, my house and my arts and crafts
so after some time and well finding the positive in the negitive I am kind of happy about it ...a couple month lighter load will be nice
thanks for the suport ...
dave4him 06:07 PM 11-08-2014
I know the feeling. I have no families right now and may be closing down at the end of the year. Not sure what I am going to do. Just have to have some hope.
Josiegirl 03:38 AM 11-09-2014
I'm sorry some of you are struggling with numbers. Last year was like this for me, I went almost the whole year without any good calls or much interest. I held on, down a couple kids and was super careful with spending. This year I've gotten many calls that I had to turn away. As everyone says this job is feast or famine.

Dave4him, how long have you been open? Is it a matter of getting your first clients?
Magic 07:27 AM 11-09-2014
Dave a few years ago I too closed due to low numbers and burn out and went into gardening
blew my shoulder ...couldnt do a thing
my daughter got calls for baby sitting so we ended up doing some over the summer
I missed it so re-licensed and stuck it out ...took some time to fill up but I did

one possiblity or thought is for example around here there is NO subsitutes
no help for home day cares
so maybe you could sub part time while waiting for children >>????
just a thought
Reply Up