Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Love My Job
awestbrook713 07:38 AM 09-20-2011
So these are the reasons I love my job:

1. I am the one watching my children when they aren't in school.
2. I get the chance to meet so many wonderful kids with awesome personalitys.
3. I get more free time to go do what I have to when its a late morning day.
4. I get to do arts and crafts, color, and read all the time.
5. Last but not least I know I am making a difference in the childrens life because when everything else in there life is changing I am here still the same.

What are some reasons you love your job?
blessedmess8 08:16 AM 09-20-2011
Originally Posted by awestbrook713:
So these are the reasons I love my job:

1. I am the one watching my children when they aren't in school.
2. I get the chance to meet so many wonderful kids with awesome personalitys.
3. I get more free time to go do what I have to when its a late morning day.
4. I get to do arts and crafts, color, and read all the time.
5. Last but not least I know I am making a difference in the childrens life because when everything else in there life is changing I am here still the same.

What are some reasons you love your job?
Ditto! Plus, I get to throw laundry in the washer at my house while I am also at work! I don't have to catch a guilt trip from my boss when one of my kids are sick. I get to decide how I want to run my business.
cheerfuldom 08:17 AM 09-20-2011
My kids don't call someone else mommy (going thru this right now with one of my daycare kids!)
Cat Herder 09:10 AM 09-20-2011
I will have no regrets.
awestbrook713 10:11 AM 09-20-2011
Oh I forgot the laundry perk, that too. Yea I wouldn't be crazy about my child calling someone else mommy, I did have a child say she wishes I was her mommy and I told her no you don't because you have a great mommy who loves you and I can care about you too without being your mommy.
mom2many 10:35 AM 09-20-2011
There are so many aspects of why I love what I do!

First off, I LOVE the fact that my own children benefited from me doing this! I got to stay home with all 3 of them when they were growing up, while contributing financially to our family. They had playmates (that I got paid for) and learned to share and get along with others. They learned independence and became great helpers with the younger kids. I was also able to prepare them for kindergarten with the small preschool program I used for the kids that I watched. I was always home, when they were got home from school and could get dinner started in the afternoon, so we could sit down to eat as a family at 6 pm. We also benefited by having more family time, because I could do laundry and clean during nap time, so the weekends were free from many chores.

Now that they are all grown, it is extremely rewarding and fun to continue enjoying the activities that I was able to do with my own children and be a positive influence in the lives of others.
Squirrel 12:52 PM 09-20-2011
I love that since I can't have my own children I still get to help raise some.
I love that I can set my own hours and accept the children I feel will fit with my group and my personality.
I love that I can control the rules, toys, activities, and food the children are exposed to here.
I love having weekends and holidays off.
littlemommy 01:39 PM 09-20-2011
I love having weekends and holidays off. If I need an extra day off (which is rare) it isn't too hard to do.
I love being home with DS and having him be socialized at the same time. It's great to see him get so excited in the mornings when his friends come.
I love being able to cook healthy meals for lunch!
I love being able to have lunch with DH over his lunch break.
I love being able to clean during the day so I have more family time in the evenings.
I love watching the toddlers interact. They love learning, reading, and coloring.
Tags:love daycare, positive
Reply Up