Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Strep Question
SilverSabre25 06:09 PM 07-31-2014
Kid here yesterday, sent home midday for fever and headache, tests postive for strep at the doctor today. Little brother here today, by pick up HE is starting to exhibit early signs of what can only be the same thing.

So Question. I know strep is spread via droplets and contact with saliva/etc, but how long can those germs live on surfaces? i.e. if kid yesterday was in one room but no one was in there today, does that room need as thorough of disinfection as the rooms we were in today? Does that question make sense?
Angelsj 06:32 PM 07-31-2014
I think I would be very thorough.

Sorry, that sucks.
mamamanda 06:43 PM 07-31-2014
From my experience it passes very easily. And the times I've had it I was sooooo miserable. I would disinfect everything just to be safe. Better a little extra time spent cleaning than several days of feeling awful. So sorry
hope 07:08 PM 07-31-2014
Do any of you exclude siblings when one is sick? Wondering if I should add this to my sick policy
SilverSabre25 07:31 PM 07-31-2014
I went ahead and did it all. grrr boo hiss. One of the worst parts of this job. But that's also just life. It's just annoying. My family doesn't get sick very often and the last time I sent a dck home sick was February iirc.
SilverSabre25 07:33 PM 07-31-2014
Originally Posted by hope:
Do any of you exclude siblings when one is sick? Wondering if I should add this to my sick policy
That's been discussed here before. Someone who can search the forum better can probably find links. But I think the general consensus has been, you can but it won't win you clients.

now as a parent...*I* would keep both sibs home if I was keeping one home....but that's me.
Blackcat31 07:48 PM 07-31-2014
Originally Posted by hope:
Here are other threads about sibling illness exclusion
https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ibling+illness

Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:

now as a parent...*I* would keep both sibs home if I was keeping one home....but that's me.
As a provider, I dont exclude siblings.

As a parent, I would choose to keep both my kids home too

Tags:exclusions, illness policy - samples, sibling illness
Reply Up