Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thoughts?
Hunni Bee 05:22 PM 08-27-2014
http://wtvr.com/2014/08/27/4-year-ol...facebook-post/

I feel like the schools decision was appropriate. It was just plain stupid and against policy. And she herself said she didn't like the school in her post and she tagged them...so why is she shocked??

She keeps saying "he did nothing wrong". Of course he didn't...she did. It isn't about him. If she didn't pay he'd be "expelled" on the same token...breach of policy. Why is that a hard concept to understand?
drseuss 05:34 PM 08-27-2014
The mom is an entitled, immature little snot. She deserved to be given the boot. WHAT is with this attitude??
Shell 05:41 PM 08-27-2014
She tagged the preschool?! Oops
lovemykidstoo 05:51 PM 08-27-2014
She's not real bright. I don't blame the school at all. There are so many that put everything and I mean everything on FB. She's acting like a 12 yr old girl.
daycare 06:35 PM 08-27-2014
I am so sick of the parents expecting us to hold their hand FOR EVERYTHING.

This is not all parents, but a lot of them. They want 20,36464654446445452476 reminders.

They always want to blame someone else. AND as we know, just like this mom, it's always the schools fault.

She is questioning the integrity of the school when her dumb butt tagged the school....lmao hahahahah

she needs to be on worlds dumbest moms...or is that criminals.....

but I guess not necessarily a crime is it???? I know plenty of people who would be in jail right now if it was...

Oh boy, my post sounds rather harsh????? sorry, just venting

I feel like the school in this situation, as I deal with it daily that parents say well I didn't know....
sharlan 06:40 PM 08-27-2014
I would have termed on the spot.
preschoolteacher 07:09 PM 08-27-2014
Wow, she tagged the school? What was she thinking? Yes, I would have terminated right away.
Cat Herder 07:59 AM 08-28-2014
The poll attached shows that 61.54% of respondents agree with the mother.

So, my Canadian friends... how's the weather these days. I may need to move. Idiocracy is here.

Ashley Raine Habat, off to Provider Watch you go. I'd bet she was there within the hour of that post.
drseuss 09:12 AM 08-28-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:

So, my Canadian friends... how's the weather these days. I may need to move. Idiocracy is here.

Ashley Raine Habat, off to Provider Watch you go. I'd bet she was there within the hour of that post.

BrooklynM 09:20 AM 08-28-2014
Wow...I can't believe the news even would air that story! How did the reporter not laugh at her and say- what did you expect would happen?
AmyKidsCo 09:23 AM 08-28-2014
If she dislikes the school that much then why is she upset about it? IMO people don't act the same on social media as they do in person - they get lots of attention for complaining so they complain.
drseuss 09:25 AM 08-28-2014
Originally Posted by BrooklynM:
Wow...I can't believe the news even would air that story! How did the reporter not laugh at her and say- what did you expect would happen?
Right? The gal's attitude really made her sound like one of the spoiled rottens that gives a generation a bad rap.
KiddieCahoots 09:43 AM 08-28-2014
no sowing discord......adding that to my hb, lol!
Play Care 10:47 AM 08-28-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:

Ugh, of course they do...
A while ago I overheard a conversation between two moms at the library. The one mom was complaining about another dc provider who termed them. When she said to the provider "What am I supposed to do?" (for other care) the provider apparently answered that "That's not my problem." As mom was relating this to her friend, the friend was incensed - aparently they both thought the provider should have found her other care!! or not let them go at all...
I can only imagine how badly this mother behaved that she was termed like that... but the general idea "how dare they term ME! Don't they know I pay THEM?!"
Good for the school!
nanglgrl 11:20 AM 08-28-2014
OMG the idiots are winning. I went to drop off my child at school today and have to walk him in since it's preschool but his class is in the elementary school. A lady 4 cars ahead of me stopped in the middle of the parking lot to drop her child off although there were plenty of open parking spaces. She took forever and my van was stuck halfway in the driveway and the other half in the road. Her selfishness made the whole street congested (many people who weren't taking their child to school), it was at least 30-40 cars when she finally started driving. All because she and hers are probably special snowflakes like this lady. Special, rude, annoying, inept snowflakes. I hope it's a warm winter.
Blackcat31 11:29 AM 08-28-2014
According to an article I read the response by the school was:

According to the letter of dismissal, Habat's “relationship with Sonshine did not get off to a very good start the first day of school. … You utilized social media to call into question not only the integrity but the intelligence of our staff. ... These actions are also consistent with sowing discord, which is spoken of in the handbook you signed.”

I agree 100% with the school.
melilley 11:31 AM 08-28-2014
Originally Posted by KiddieCahoots:
no sowing discord......adding that to my hb, lol!
ok, that's a new phrase/saying for me. What does that mean?
daycarediva 11:35 AM 08-28-2014
I agree with the school. I would have terminated immediately.

I am OVER IT.

I closed early last week by an hour. Sent home a notice a month ago, a reminder notice this week, put it in last month's newsletter, verbally told parents/reminded them, put it in my facebook page (for the daycare) AND put a sign on the door. TWO parents claimed to NOT KNOW and were upset with me.

I don't even care, I laughed. They remind me of their children. "I warned you of the consequence if you did _______ again."
Patches 11:42 AM 08-28-2014
I completely agree with the school on this one. I also think it's funny and ridiculous that the mother was running late on picture day and tries to place the blame on the school(a week notice was not enough).
craftymissbeth 11:43 AM 08-28-2014
So many people are saying the school shouldn't punish the child and that it's not right that they're taking away his education. I'm sorry, I don't even have a response to how ridiculous that is
Thriftylady 11:43 AM 08-28-2014
I agree with the school here. No the boy did nothing wrong, but his mother did. And if she had an issue she should have spoken to the director and worked it out before she smeared them on facebook. If she was so unhappy with them, her child shouldn't be there.
Blackcat31 11:54 AM 08-28-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
ok, that's a new phrase/saying for me. What does that mean?
sowing = making, creating
discord = chaos, uneasiness, trouble

sowing discord = creating trouble

NOT exactly those words but that's the general definition.
melilley 11:58 AM 08-28-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
sowing = making, creating
discord = chaos, uneasiness, trouble

sowing discord = creating trouble

NOT exactly those words but that's the general definition.
Oh, makes sense, thanks!
cheerfuldom 12:49 PM 08-28-2014
Sowing discord is a Biblical term which basically means causing trouble between Christians which is worse than just causing trouble with the general public. Many Christians schools and organizations have parents/members/etc. commit to unity within the school and part of that is to refrain from gossip, complaints and sowing discord.

that said, the mom said she intentionally tagged the school for those that were questioning that part of it.

and also, I bet 99.9% this was NOT the first run in with this mom. I seriously doubt the school just up and kicked them out over one post (although as a private school, they have the right to exclude families for such things). You can bet this mom was trouble beforehand. Complainers just don't come out of nowhere. There is always a context and history with the situation that we don't know.

Besides which, if the school was so bad, why keep your kid there?????
Country Kids 12:50 PM 08-28-2014
I'm going to be odd man out-

I would have made her come into the office and shown her where it appeared on the facebook of the childcare. Then I would have asked her to delete it or retract her statement in front of me. Then I would have a nice little talk with her. She would be understanding I was very serious on this matter and she was walking a very fine fine line with my business.

Doing it this way it more then likely wouldn't have made the news.

By terming her immediately, it has now made the news, people are posting about it, people are talking about it and she has received her 15 min of fame. Also, there might be people out there who will now question something about the school because it went from facebook to very public news.

Since it was the childs first day, did she really receive the information about picture day or not. It sounds as if they handed the information out to children that attended the childcare part, so if your child wasn't there, how would you have received it.

Just a thought?
Blackcat31 01:26 PM 08-28-2014
Originally Posted by Country Kids:

I would have made her come into the office and shown her where it appeared on the facebook of the childcare. Then I would have asked her to delete it or retract her statement in front of me. Then I would have a nice little talk with her. She would be understanding I was very serious on this matter and she was walking a very fine fine line with my business.

By terming her immediately, it has now made the news, people are posting about it, people are talking about it and she has received her 15 min of fame. Also, there might be people out there who will now question something about the school because it went from facebook to very public news.

Since it was the childs first day, did she really receive the information about picture day or not. It sounds as if they handed the information out to children that attended the childcare part, so if your child wasn't there, how would you have received it.

Just a thought?
I personally agree with you CK but I also think making the parent post a retraction or to delete their personal posting would be a violation of a persons rights.

Imagine the outcry if this mom went and told everyone how she was FORCED into retracting her statement.

We (general we) cant force another adult to do something.

We can only provide a consequence or reaction on OUR own part but we cant force a person to take back their thoughts or feelings.

I do believe the only real recourse the preschool had was to enforce their policies....kwim?
sharlan 01:30 PM 08-28-2014
It's a private preschool, they have ever right to term the child for the mother's actions.
ColorfulSunburst 02:11 PM 08-28-2014
Now she really needs a daycare provider who has no TV & Internet.
daycare 02:21 PM 08-28-2014
Originally Posted by ColorfulSunburst:
Now she really needs a daycare provider who has no TV & Internet.
taht would be me. I dont have any social media and I only watch I love lucy on tv.........I am awake during odd hours of the night...lmao
MOM OF 4 02:46 PM 08-28-2014
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
http://wtvr.com/2014/08/27/4-year-ol...facebook-post/

I feel like the schools decision was appropriate. It was just plain stupid and against policy. And she herself said she didn't like the school in her post and she tagged them...so why is she shocked??

She keeps saying "he did nothing wrong". Of course he didn't...she did. It isn't about him. If she didn't pay he'd be "expelled" on the same token...breach of policy. Why is that a hard concept to understand?
Sins of the mother...she's so stupid to think that they couldn't see it when she TAGGED them in her post! She was unprofessional, and if she had a problem (maybe reading the folder would have prevented such problem anyway) she should have addressed it privately.

I would tell the kid to say "WELL DONE MOM, YOU got me kicked out of school"

HER actions punished someone else, and that's how life usually works. As a result of something some moron does, someone else suffers.

If she doesn't see it, she truly IS a moron. So, I wonder, who's been educated now, mom?
Patches 02:50 PM 08-28-2014

Just a thought?
I may be wrong, but I didn't see anything in the story to indicate that it was his first day of school. Not trying to be argumentative
renodeb 03:12 PM 08-28-2014
Well, I have a story to tell you that is a perfect example of having to loose a child because of what the parents did.
I have this dc family, the little boy was sweet. Seemed to be a good match to my dc.
After several months of having him there was a biting incident between him and another child. Of course I dealt with it swiftly and went on with the day. When dad got here to pick him up, he barged through the front door and barreled straight toward his son (who was the victim) to check the bit which was all but faded by that time of day. Then he walked over to the boy that did the biting, pointed down to him and said in a very deep gruff voice " no bitting, you don't bit. So that child started to cry right away because he felt scared and kept crying for the next 5 or so minutes. My daughter run over to him and comforted him while I picked my mouth off the floor! I told him that I had already dealt with the situation and that he did not need to further it in any way. The dad said to me that if his son would of been the biter he would of "swatted him on the a_ _ because he knows that biting is wrong. He smirked and said sorry for making him cry and then said "aaaawww he will live, and couldn't believe he was still crying.
I called the mom the next morning and said that I couldn't provide dc for the child anymore because of what the dad did. Do you know the dad had the nerve to call me back twice because he couldn't believe what a big deal I was making over this. Then in the same breath he begged me to take the child back and that he would just band himself from my house. I said no! In this case I lost a good kid because of an idiotic parent. I think the school was right to do what they did. And we all know that social media is not that private!!! This was all over picture day? Really? That parent is a PITA! I cant believe she tagged the school on facebook. I'm here to say that Parents never read the stuff in the kids folders!
Country Kids 03:21 PM 08-28-2014
Originally Posted by Patches:
I may be wrong, but I didn't see anything in the story to indicate that it was his first day of school. Not trying to be argumentative
This is what the letter said they school sent, so to me it sounds as if it was the childs first day of school:

According to the letter of dismissal, Habat's “relationship with Sonshine did not get off to a very good start the first day of school. … You utilized social media to call into question not only the integrity but the intelligence of our staff. ... These actions are also consistent with sowing discord, which is spoken of in the handbook you signed.”
Bookworm 04:50 PM 08-28-2014
This is what the letter said they school sent, so to me it sounds as if it was the childs first day of school:

When I read the article, I took it to mean that there have been issues SINCE the first day of school. I based it on a teacher telling mom that notice of Picture Day was put I child's folder. Anyway, I'm with the school if that's what's in their policy. Mom was just plain dumb for posting and tagging the school. Facebook will be the downfall for a lot of people.
Patches 06:39 PM 08-28-2014

Ahh, I see. Hmm......
cheerfuldom 07:32 PM 08-28-2014

Just a thought?
on the flip side, I would guess a portion of parents are happy to see that the school abides by it's own rules and kicked out drama-mamas.

And as for picture day, I have forgotten before and no big deal. It is not the end of the world if your kid is not all dolled up that day. Really. talk about a first world problem.
Reply Up