Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Really Parents???
Patches 09:37 PM 01-14-2013
Saw this CL ad and couldn't believe it. I don't get some parents way of thinking. Here it is:

Needing child care in Broken Arrow for my son beginning in March. We are very protective of him and will require references and an interview. Looking to pay around $50/week. Monday-Friday 8-4pm.
Let me know if this sounds fitting to you!
•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID:3536876651

40 hours/week for $50 Anybody else think this is crazy?
littlemissmuffet 09:55 PM 01-14-2013
WTF???! That's outrageous!
coolconfidentme 02:24 AM 01-15-2013
Originally Posted by Patches:

40 hours/week for $50 Anybody else think this is crazy?
(giggle, snort..., giggle again)
LK5kids 02:30 AM 01-15-2013
Maybe it's a typo!!!! Maybe they meant $150.00, but I doubt it.
CedarCreek 04:06 AM 01-15-2013
That is so ridiculous! That looks like most of the ads on our areas craigslist though. Its sad.
DaisyMamma 07:49 AM 01-15-2013
For $50/week I would not be doing childcare in that area. Wow!
blandino 09:00 AM 01-15-2013
Yes, I saw that too, and took pics to send my DC provider friend. UNBELIEVABLE !!. Patches, please tell me you have also been seeing the 85.00 a week ads, that are completely unintelligible ? And she lives only a few miles from me...
Lyss 09:10 AM 01-15-2013
$50/wk? What?! and the $85/wk is crazy too!

In my area there are constantly ones for less than $100, are completely illegible, or written in "text speak".

I frequently see "I need money" in ads which makes me cringe. How unprofessional.

The sad thing is I see these ads for a week or two and then nothing or they are advertising for "one more kid" so I assume some parent is using them.
crazydaycarelady 09:53 AM 01-15-2013
I really really hope she meant $50/day!
melilley 10:08 AM 01-15-2013
We have the $85 a week people here too! Well the one woman I saw was a licensed provider (we have to be licensed here) doing daycare out of her home. I wonder what her daycare is like, how can you afford to do it for that little? YES! the unintelligible ads drive me nuts!
blandino 10:43 AM 01-15-2013
I have to share this ad though, The rate isn't even what gets me, it is just awful.

Come play with Hailey and Alahnna for the day or for the week. We play in the castle I have 2 parties Learn our ABC,s and 123,s make crafts what home cooked lunch sing and dance. Only 3 per hour or 85 a week. call A****** today 918*******.

Also, we HAVE to be licensed here - but there are sill dozens of unlicensed daycares on CL. I guess they think they are above the law. Honestly, of thy don't mind being shut down with no income, I guess that is their choice - but I don't understand how parents would bring their kids to someone unlicensed, knowing they could be shut down tomorrow.
Patches 12:23 PM 01-15-2013
Originally Posted by blandino:
Patches, please tell me you have also been seeing the 85.00 a week ads, that are completely unintelligible ? And she lives only a few miles from me...
Yes, I've that one, too. It drives me insane when I can't even understand the ad. And all the unlicensed ads get to me, too. Some people!
Tags:craigs list, craigslist oddities
Reply Up