Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Phone Bill
Scout 03:36 AM 03-13-2014
Can I claim a portion of our cell phone bill? I obviously use the texts, email, and phone for business purposes at times. Thanks!!
TomCopeland 07:08 AM 03-13-2014
Originally Posted by Scout:
Can I claim a portion of our cell phone bill? I obviously use the texts, email, and phone for business purposes at times. Thanks!!
You can't deduct the monthly cost of the first phone line into your home (land line or cell phone). You can deduct the business portion of a second or third phone line (use your time-space % or an actual business use %).
Scout 10:05 AM 03-13-2014
Thank you, I am guessing that means no since it is our only phone. We would need to take out a new line just for business purposes then?
TomCopeland 02:43 PM 03-14-2014
Originally Posted by Scout:
Thank you, I am guessing that means no since it is our only phone. We would need to take out a new line just for business purposes then?
Since you only have one phone line, you can't deduct any portion of it. If you got a second line you can deduct the business portion of it. The second line does not need to be dedicated just for business purposes. Use your time-space % to determine the business portion of the second line, or calculate your actual business use percent.
Tags:tax advice
Reply Up