Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Is That Website Where Parents Bash Providers???
TBird 04:18 AM 04-08-2011
Sorry to bother you all, but I've been looking for the thread about that website where parents post about bad providers. We had a class last night and no one could believe that such a site exists...I'd like to forward it to a couple of the ladies.

Thanks!
momofboys 04:20 AM 04-08-2011
Providerwatch - I think!
SilverSabre25 04:22 AM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by momofboys:
Providerwatch - I think!
It looks like that one is providers "bashing" parents and the OP is looking for the other way around. The Providerwatch thing looks interesting though...anyone use it? I'd love to be able to report my most recent nightmare family.
momofboys 04:29 AM 04-08-2011
Oops I misread the post! I don't know of a site that bashes providers. And don't plan to look for one!
TBird 04:32 AM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by momofboys:
Oops I misread the post! I don't know of a site that bashes providers. And don't plan to look for one!
I agree....it was disturbing but someone posted it here before and the ladies in my area couldn't believe it when I told them.
TBird 04:35 AM 04-08-2011
I found it ladies...it's www.childcareratingz.com

Thanks for your help!
MyAngels 04:36 AM 04-08-2011
Are you thinking of this thread? https://www.daycare.com/forum/showth...hlight=slander
TBird 04:40 AM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
Are you thinking of this thread? https://www.daycare.com/forum/showth...hlight=slander
Exactly! Thanks!
melskids 04:42 AM 04-08-2011
there's this one too..

daycaresdontcare.org

i havent really looked to far into this one though, and honestly, i dont care to
Blackcat31 05:16 AM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by melskids:
there's this one too..

daycaresdontcare.org
i havent really looked to far into this one though, and honestly, i dont care to
That one is by far a really different "look" at daycares and what they will and won't do. It really isn't a bash the provider site. If you sort through some of the garbage-talk this whole site is really not what it seems.
MarinaVanessa 07:35 AM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
It looks like that one is providers "bashing" parents and the OP is looking for the other way around. The Providerwatch thing looks interesting though...anyone use it? I'd love to be able to report my most recent nightmare family.
I use providerwatch. It's really good. I like it because you can opt to pay for it only when you need it in 30 day increments. But let me just say that it's not exactly a parent "bashing" website. It's more like a non payment reporting agency. You can add details to your complaint if I remember correctly (it's been a long time since I've visited the site) but basically you file a complaint about any families that don't pay and other providers that use this service can punch in their interviewees names to see if they have a claim against them or not.

I'd like like to add that making a complaint is actually free. They only charge providers that want to check up on potential clients. What I like to do when I have an opening is schedule my interviews during the same week or two (up to a month) and then pay the one month fee and check up on all of my potentials clients at once.

It's really a great tool. I always tell other providers about it at trainings and such.
SilverSabre25 08:08 AM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I use providerwatch. It's really good. I like it because you can opt to pay for it only when you need it in 30 day increments. But let me just say that it's not exactly a parent "bashing" website. It's more like a non payment reporting agency. You can add details to your complaint if I remember correctly (it's been a long time since I've visited the site) but basically you file a complaint about any families that don't pay and other providers that use this service can punch in their interviewees names to see if they have a claim against them or not.

I'd like like to add that making a complaint is actually free. They only charge providers that want to check up on potential clients. What I like to do when I have an opening is schedule my interviews during the same week or two (up to a month) and then pay the one month fee and check up on all of my potentials clients at once.

It's really a great tool. I always tell other providers about it at trainings and such.
Thanks for the information! I like the look of it; I really like the idea of being able to report this most recent family that I had problems with once it's all resolved one way or the other. I was just thinking recently that something like this needed to exist.
Tags:complaint - false, complaints, daycaresdontcare.org, providerwatch
Reply Up