Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Dropping a Nap
tenderhearts 03:01 PM 11-10-2015
I have a dcb who is 16 mo old, napping has always been a challenge for him since he started with me at 5 mo. Finally about 9 mo old he got naps down and was doing rather well. UNTIL this last couple of weeks. He started pooping during nap which woke him up and now after this has been happening the last few weeks he now is used to waking at this time. He still takes 2 naps, he gets up VERY early in the morning.
He wakes at between 4:30 and 5 am
arrives here at 7:15
nap 9 am - 10 or 10:15
2nd nap goes down between 1:30-2 no matter what time I put him down hes awake at 2:30
So my question is if I were to drop his am nap, what time would you put down for his second nap? All the other kids go down about 12:45 -1

He is crabby in the afternoons now since his naps in the pm have been so short. I have tried putting him down earlier but he will cry.
Unregistered 05:02 PM 11-10-2015
I say try everything you can to keep him awake until the other children go down for nap. He's at the age where one nap is fine. If he can't make it until 12:45/1:00, then put him down 12:15/12:30 and keep pushing it another 5 min every few days. Hopefully he will sleep longer now with waiting to go down and only having one nap. I have my go down at the same time for my own santy!
Unregistered 05:04 PM 11-10-2015
What time does he go to sleep at night that he gets up at 4:30/5:00 everyday?
childcaremom 02:37 AM 11-11-2015
My nap schedule:
Am: 9-10
Pm: 12:30-3

If I have one dropping a morning nap, then I push nap time to 12. Usually everyone is up after a few hours but I do expect my littles (under 2.5 years) to have a solid 2-2.5 hour rest.
tenderhearts 12:10 PM 11-11-2015
He goes down for bed at 7pm. Today I kept him up until noon, could not wait any longer. He isn't fussy when he's overly tired but he's like a pistol, he is very quick, into everything very fast. I don't really know how to explain it because in my 16 years of doing daycare honestly he's the first of his kind I have ever had. For instance, he'll try getting up on the table, I redirect him, he immediatley runs to the shelf and he'll just knock everything off, I redirect he goes to the train table and will start throwing trains. He doesn't do this any other time, yes he is very active but this is what he does when he's tired.

I tried dropping the morning nap about a month ago and it was easier to keep him up until 12:30 12:45 because he would take a snooze on the way here in the morning, (they have about a 35 min drive each morning plus mom has to drop off her school age boy somewhere so they are in the car at least 45 - 50 min each morning. Recently though he has not fallen asleep in the car and 9:00 and he is ready for morning nap. I will see how today goes if he sleeps until at least 2:30 (praying )
tenderhearts 12:43 PM 11-11-2015
Well the one nap has backfired, he has only slept 30 min. UGH!
Tags:nap issues, poops - during nap
Reply Up