Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare Insurance

Daycare Insurance Discuss your insurance and liability concerns here.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Default New Daycare Insurance Category

I created a new Insurance Category for a couple reasons. Firstly, Daycare.com gets a lot of inquiries regarding insurance and over the years we've been looking for a great company to service our member's needs. Secondly, DCI (Daycare Insurance) is a company that built their services around daycare and childcare.

Much like our Taxes Category, which is overseen by Tom Copeland, the Insurance Category will be overseen by DCI. Insurance can be a daunting experience for a business especially a home grown business and we are glad that there will be an expert in the childcare field to help answer your questions.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:10 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I contacted the DCI company that you mention but they never followed up. Went elsewhere.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:50 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Let's work to make the system better. How did you contact them? Jordon will be introducing himself in the next few days.

Last edited by Michael; 06-08-2014 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:21 AM
Daycare.com Media Member

Michael,

Thanks so much for the introduction. We are extremely excited to be apart of the forum and look forward to being a member of the community and answering any questions your forum members may have regarding insurance. We have over 40 years experience in the industry and all we do is child care. If anyone wishes to contact us directly with questions please feel free to do so.

Jordan Silverman
Vice President
DC Insurance
Old 06-08-2014, 12:59 PM

Welcome Jordan.

We would like members to discuss insurance Q&A here publicly but if any members have private matters that need answering I suggest you use our PM (private messaging) system.

Click on the members Icon/Picture and then click on the Contact Info tab in the member's profile page. Then click on the PM link.

Last edited by Michael; 06-08-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:10 PM

I am curious as to what states this company serves and in what capacity.

Is it liability insurance, home owners, coverage for centers or in-home providers, licensed or legally unlicensed, etc?

I know insurance coverage varies greatly from state to state so my concern would be sending someone here to get a quote or info and then finding out the company doesn't serve their state.

Maybe a little run down of what the company does would be good.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:26 AM
Daycare.com Media Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
I am curious as to what states this company serves and in what capacity.

Is it liability insurance, home owners, coverage for centers or in-home providers, licensed or legally unlicensed, etc?

I know insurance coverage varies greatly from state to state so my concern would be sending someone here to get a quote or info and then finding out the company doesn't serve their state.

Maybe a little run down of what the company does would be good.

Im glad you asked.

It is true that coverage premiums vary by state but our policy is the same across the board. Our policy is a professional liability insurance policy with a child abuse endorsement and Accident Medical policy. We offer this policy to LICENSED in home child care providers and Commercial Child Care centers. We have spent a lot of time creating nuances of the policy that are advantages to the provider. For example outside the limit legal defense and coverage of injuries resulting out of use of swimming pools. I could go on all day about the benefits of our policy but to be honest my main goal here isn't to sell policies. We have prided ourselves on being advocates and educators for the industry so our main goal is to educate providers on why they need a stand alone child care insurance policy and to stay up to date with legislature related to child care.

For those who are interested our coverage map includes the following states

Alabama
Arizona
California
Colorado
Florida
Georgia
Illinois
Maryland
Oregon
Tennessee
Texas
Virginia
Wisconsin

But whether or not you have coverage with us or in a state we provide coverage we hope that we can help with any child care insurance related questions you may have. We have a lot of generic insurance information in the form of pamphlets and we even have an insurance coverage checklist which you can use to compare insurance companies and get answers to the most important questions when shopping around.

Tags
daycare insurance, insurance