Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rock and Play Sleeper
daycarediva 03:33 AM 09-14-2017
DD registered (and received) this for her baby shower. She set it up yesterday and put baby in it. Um, NO WAY. Positional asphyxiation risk much?? The padding moves VERY easily and is a suffocation risk. Also, 25lbs? no way, it's FLIMSY.

http://www.babybargains.com/fisher-p...gerous-crutch/

I cannot believe that this product is on the market as safe, and fisher price blatantly advertises on the front that it's for overnight sleep!
Josiegirl 04:08 AM 09-14-2017
I agree! And because FP claims that it's great for overnight sleep, it MUST be safe, right? Ask any over tired new parent and they'll try anything;justifying it easily.
I'm not sure what kind of rock and play(are there others) my dcm used but she did use one that she said her dd slept great in. Thankfully her dd is now 12 mo and does great in a flat crib, nothing besides her paci.
daycarediva 04:12 AM 09-14-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I agree! And because FP claims that it's great for overnight sleep, it MUST be safe, right? Ask any over tired new parent and they'll try anything;justifying it easily.
I'm not sure what kind of rock and play(are there others) my dcm used but she did use one that she said her dd slept great in. Thankfully her dd is now 12 mo and does great in a flat crib, nothing besides her paci.
There are a bunch on the market, from the basics with no features, to vibration, rocking, music and even smartphone linked.

DD is exchanging for a cosleeper to keep kiddo close for nursing. No actual co sleeping.
jenboo 06:43 AM 09-14-2017
I hate these things! Everyone i know has their baby sleeping in it... they also tend to get flat heads because they can't move it side to side
Snowmom 07:39 AM 09-14-2017
Agree!

So many new parents think of them as a crib, it's scary.
Leigh 07:45 AM 09-14-2017
I love having a Rock n Play at daycare-it makes it so easy to bring the baby with me into the kitchen while I cook lunch, or when we go downstairs (I have one on each level). I will never understand the parents who let their child sleep in one, though. I'd have been terrified to have my child sleep in one-he was 5 days old the first time he flipped onto his side!
Tags:asphyxiation, positional asphyxiation, rock and play sleeper
Reply Up