Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Can I Help This Child Settle In?
Pepperth 03:08 AM 09-14-2017
Daycare is in a school setting. DCG (3) comes 2x a week after her preschool class, but has a rough transition into the daycare. Its only week two and this is all very new to her. How can I help her transition. I think she's really tired. After screaming for her mother, she falls asleep and sleeps a normal nap legnth. Nothing I have attempted to say or do has seemed to help. I've tried directing her into an activity with the other children, reading, art work, etc.
I think today I will see if I can set up her lunch immediately, but I don't have high hopes. The only thing that has helped so far is setting up a cuddily spot with her stuffed animals, but then she falls asleep an hour before the other children. She is very comfortable around her preschool teacher, so the other day, her teacher stuck around a while to help settle her down, but there was no difference in results. Thanks in advance.
Ariana 10:14 AM 09-14-2017
Just accept it! Let her feel her feelings and let her deal with them in a supportive environment. I wouldn't try to distract away at all. Some kids just need to vent their feelings. I have a 3yr old that comes 2 days a week and cries at the door. Nothing I do helps so I just let him be. The less I try to stop it the faster he moves on.
Tags:transition, transitioning
Reply Up