Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Infant Solids
bubblegum 10:18 AM 09-06-2017
If your infant does not finish the minimum required formula do you still provide solid food at that meal? For instance a six month old only drinking 2 oz
Blackcat31 10:20 AM 09-06-2017
Originally Posted by bubblegum:
If your infant does not finish the minimum required formula do you still provide solid food at that meal? For instance a six month old only drinking 2 oz
Once an infant is eating solids, I start with them and finish with the formula.

I don't know about others but that's always worked for me.

I haven't had an infant begin solids before 8 months though so...
hwichlaz 03:19 PM 09-06-2017
I tend to feed formula and solids separately. The formula is complete nutrition, and it's more important than the solids, so I offer those between formula feedings.
Baby Beluga 03:23 PM 09-06-2017
Solids or purees?
storybookending 05:06 PM 09-06-2017
I don't participate in the food program. For purees/solids I go with what the parents are doing about a month or two behind. Example: parents will start purees and after the child has been used to being spoonfed and and ready to start having two purees a day then I will start. For solids I will not start a child on any food that they haven't already had at home first. I have a 9 month old that has been doing purees for awhile now. His parents just started introducing some solids to him in the last two weeks. I have a drop in child exactly a month younger than him and her parents started her on solids so young, like 5 months skipping purees entirely. I felt weird last week giving her a whole pancake while the child older than her just sat and watched but I will not start solids before the parents have and give permission.
Tags:infant - eating solids, infant - meals
Reply Up