Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Memorial Day! Yah!!!
Sugar Magnolia 11:40 AM 05-26-2011
So who is psyched for a 3 day weekend?!? I know I am!! Hope you all are able to be closed and have good times with family.

Here's an idea for your daycare this week too! Do you have a local VFW post? These vets LOVE and APPRECIATE stuff kids make. Here's what we do: we make a big poster, with lots of flag stickers, cut out and glued pics of soldiers, color in big block letters "Thank You Vets" and glue anything red white and blue to it. Then after school on friday we deliver it to the VFW. If you take pictures of the kids making the poster, send it to your local paper. The paper also LOVES this stuff, AND ITS FREE PUBLICITY!!!
We also "adopt" a soldier every year. Those who are deployed genuinely like getting cards from kids.

Happy Memorial Day to all! And thanks to those who serve and risk their lives.
KEG123 11:43 AM 05-26-2011
I am!! I'd be even MORE excited if I didn't have my 2 year old twins tomorrow, because my 18 month old is not going to be here...so then I would have gotten a 4 day weekend. Plus, tomorrow is my birthday!
Sunshine44 11:44 AM 05-26-2011
Yes! I am so ready for a day with my family. Tomorrow the kids are doing "flag" crafts. Cannot wait!
Sugar Magnolia 11:49 AM 05-26-2011
Happy B Day Keg! Enjoy! Can I getta whoo hoo y'all?!
(Federal holidays rock!)
sharlan 04:33 PM 05-26-2011
Originally Posted by KEG123:
I am!! I'd be even MORE excited if I didn't have my 2 year old twins tomorrow, because my 18 month old is not going to be here...so then I would have gotten a 4 day weekend. Plus, tomorrow is my birthday!
Happy Birthday KEG, mine's on Sat.
KEG123 05:11 PM 05-26-2011
Thanks everyone!!
MamaBear 06:39 PM 05-26-2011
YES! 3 day weekend! So happy about that And happy birthday Keg!
meganlavonnesmommy 03:27 AM 05-27-2011
As a wife of a sailor, I can tell you that the military loves getting thank you's, especially from kids. THank you so much for doing this!
Michael 01:26 PM 05-27-2011
Originally Posted by meganlavonnesmommy:
As a wife of a sailor, I can tell you that the military loves getting thank you's, especially from kids. THank you so much for doing this!
Yes, this Memorial Day I would like acknowledge those who have served or are currently serving in our armed forces. Thank you for keeping us safe and free.
Kaddidle Care 02:56 PM 05-27-2011
What a great idea! I wish I had seen this in the AM.
Sugar Magnolia 03:28 PM 05-27-2011
Originally Posted by meganlavonnesmommy:
Thank you Megan! And thank you to your husband for serving! Go Navy!
happykidschildcare 04:01 PM 05-27-2011
Im going to the beach for the weekend!! I just wish it would stop raining on my parade!!!!!!! hopefully the weather over there will be better
Abigail 06:32 PM 05-27-2011
My first three-day weekend has arrived! I sure hope you all will be on the site or I'll have nothing to do until Tuesday.....this is my "newspaper" and I hope I have plenty to read this weekend still. Does anyone want to share a photo or tell me what you did for the kids for Memorial Day? Do you ever give out flags or anything you actually buy?
Mom_of_two 08:31 PM 05-27-2011
YES!!!

And wonderful idea!! Wish I would have seen it earlier, too.

Hope you all have wonderful and relaxing weekends!!!
PitterPatter 08:34 PM 05-27-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
Yes, this Memorial Day I would like acknowledge those who have served or are currently serving in our armed forces. Thank you for keeping us safe and free.
DITTO!!
Tags:memorial day, summer
Reply Up