Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sore Teeth
LittleD 08:13 AM 08-09-2011
I have a 4 yr old who has been complaining of sore teeth. His mom supposedly took him to a dental screening a month ago, but no works has been done. He can't eat raw veggies because they hurt his teeth. His mom brought his tooth brush and tooth paste saying he is to use them if his teeth are hurting. He has brushed his teeth four times this am, not including the times I had to say no because we were outside. I am all for brushing your teeth, but He needs me to open his cap, put the paste on, turn on and off the water and make sure he clloses the door when he'S done. It is interrupting our routine. What should I do?
Country Kids 08:22 AM 08-09-2011
Can you ask the mom to bring some tylenol, motrin or something for him to take and the pain will subside. You might let her know that this goes under the sick policy, if he can't participarte without pain he needs to stay home until he feels better.
LittleD 05:31 AM 08-24-2011
So mom tells me last week, that she finally got an appointment with the dentist. She used her day off to bring in the paper work and that he would be taking Tuesday off to get the work done and then Wednesday to recuperate, just in case he's in pain. Monday comes and she says, Well, I have a staff meeting and so he will be coming on Wednesday after all. I'm sure he'll be fine. They show up this morning and she says Oh go show her what you got yesterday. So he walks over and shows me his arms. A bandaid on each one. I'm thinking, since when do the give needles in the arm for dental work??? I said I thought he was going to the dentist yesterday? She says öh no, he got his immunizations" So the kids still has rotton teeth, AND.... she LIED to me! Lets just say, I'm so not impressed!

And just for those of you who are wondering, we have a program that pays for dental services for children under 18 who need treatment, free of charge to any and all families, so cost is NOT an issue!
godiva83 07:05 AM 08-24-2011
Poor little guy (
Brushing is not going to help if his teeth are already rotten- it may even make it worse if you over brush taking off more tooth enamel( depending on how hard he brushes type of tooth paste and bristle texture)
My heart break for him to be in such pain and his Mum is not doing anything about it.
I would write a letter or speak to her bluntly- he needs to go, this is a form of neglect (IMHO) the child is in constant pain, he needs to be seen immediately. Also, maybe supPly her with the resources I.e phone numbers, names of dentists that offer help through the program you mentioned.
I get it is expensive, but I mean save your pennies, make more sacrifices if need be
Tags:sensitive - teeth, sore teeth, teething
Reply Up