Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>If I Want My Husband To Withhold Enough Taxes For The Both Of Us....
jenboo 10:45 PM 06-27-2014
What does he need to do?
I would guesstimate that I'll be making around $40,000 pre tax/deductions (man, wish that was all going in my pocket) and he will be making around 25,000 pre tax and deductions.
TomCopeland 08:00 AM 06-28-2014
Originally Posted by jenboo:
What does he need to do?
I would guesstimate that I'll be making around $40,000 pre tax/deductions (man, wish that was all going in my pocket) and he will be making around 25,000 pre tax and deductions.
You should withhold $8,000 for your income (20%). If he is self employed he should withhold $5,000. You will also need to withhold state income taxes.
Unregistered 09:41 AM 06-28-2014
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
You should withhold $8,000 for your income (20%). If he is self employed he should withhold $5,000. You will also need to withhold state income taxes.
Thanks. He is not send employed and no state tax here.
What does he put on the withholding sheet at work. I think it says to put like a 0 or 1 or whatever for independents.... How do we change the amount that gets withheld.
TomCopeland 10:09 AM 06-28-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Thanks. He is not send employed and no state tax here.
What does he put on the withholding sheet at work. I think it says to put like a 0 or 1 or whatever for independents.... How do we change the amount that gets withheld.
Your husband should ask his employer for a Form W-4 where he can put his withholding information. The employer should be able to give him some advice on how to fill this out. If you want to raise or lower the withheld amount, ask the employer to take out more or less from his paycheck.
jenboo 11:18 AM 06-28-2014
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
Your husband should ask his employer for a Form W-4 where he can put his withholding information. The employer should be able to give him some advice on how to fill this out. If you want to raise or lower the withheld amount, ask the employer to take out more or less from his paycheck.
Great! Thank you!
Tags:joint tax return, withholding tax
Reply Up