Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Termination Notice Date?
Unregistered 12:21 PM 08-31-2015
If I gave a term notice today for two weeks...would that be the 11th or the 18th? TIA
Blackcat31 01:05 PM 08-31-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
If I gave a term notice today for two weeks...would that be the 11th or the 18th? TIA
Depends on when YOU want the last day to be.

I don't give or accept termination notices unless it's Friday (immediate terms excluded) because I like a nice tidy final two weeks.

If you think the family and yourself would be better off ending things on a Friday, use the 11th. If you think they will be super nit picky and try to negotiate actual time, say the 18th if its not a huge deal to you.

Your business, your choice. I see nothing wrong with either choice.
daycare 01:05 PM 08-31-2015
what does your contract state? for accounting purposes, All termination notices must be given on a Friday 30 days in advance. I don't do a two week notice.

but if you don't dictate a certain day that they must be given, then it would be the 11
th.
Unregistered 01:10 PM 08-31-2015
My contract only says that parents are required to give me a 2 week notice but doesn't say anything about my notice to them....forgot to put that in there :/
daycare 01:12 PM 08-31-2015
My contract only says that parents are required to give me a 2 week notice but doesn't say anything about my notice to them....forgot to put that in there :/
so you are the one terming them?

like BC said. then its up to you how much longer you want to deal with this family. if you want to hold it out longer then the 18th, if not, then the 11th
Tags:notice, termination notice
Reply Up