Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Filling Joint or Separate
LITTLESTARS 03:48 PM 01-29-2019
This question is for Tom, 2018 tax year is the first year after marriage that I file taxes . my question is what would make it a better move for us, to file joint or separate? my fear is that I made ***,*** last year 2018 me alone! and husband made 3*,***. we have one child. should I file separate or joint this year? I usually always give back to the IRS, also this year I'm changing our tax person so, this is my 3 year with the Daycare business and im unsure of the person that has done my taxesthe past years, I have so many insecurities , btw I just got in the mail Toms books , and im in love I think this is why I have all these insecurities since I have already paid over 10,000 to the IRS just for taxes in 2017. thank you tom
Michael 04:29 PM 01-29-2019
Here are a couple threads regarding filing taxes jointly or separate:
https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ly+or+separate
TomCopeland 07:49 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by LITTLESTARS:
This question is for Tom, 2018 tax year is the first year after marriage that I file taxes . my question is what would make it a better move for us, to file joint or separate? my fear is that I made ***,*** last year 2018 me alone! and husband made 3*,***. we have one child. should I file separate or joint this year? I usually always give back to the IRS, also this year I'm changing our tax person so, this is my 3 year with the Daycare business and im unsure of the person that has done my taxesthe past years, I have so many insecurities , btw I just got in the mail Toms books , and im in love I think this is why I have all these insecurities since I have already paid over 10,000 to the IRS just for taxes in 2017. thank you tom
In the vast majority of cases you are better off filing jointly. However, there are a number of personal circumstances that may make it better to file separately. The only way to know is to have your tax preparer look at your situation and tell you which is better.
Tags:filing jointly, filing taxes jointly or separate, joint tax return
Reply Up