Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Often Is To Often To Get A Sub?
Nellie 03:29 PM 11-05-2011
I have a condition that requires me to go in to the doctor once a month. In the past I have always been able to work it out with schedules and the doctor had one day a week that he was open late. Well the doctor recently changed his hours and got rid of the late night once a week, but is opening earlier. When I can get one of the earlier appointments it only effects 2 of the children. One for 45 minutes to an hour an another for 15 to 30 minutes. My sister normally does my subing and will do this for me. All the parents don't mind and always have been grateful that I get a sub for appointments. The last 2 appointments I have had have been in the early am. One of the families that it may affect has a rotating schedule. 3 weeks he is on Am's and the other is on PMs. They give me his schedule in advance. When he works Pm's he occasionally switches or picks up overtime. He always asks ahead of time. One of the times he wanted to switch was when I had an early am appointment. I told him that I had an appointment at X and would be back at X. My husband is subbing for me that day and he will watch DCB. He said never mind I'll just bring him in the afternoon. This month I gave him a heads up that I had an appointment that day and my husband would be subbing for me. He is scheduled for Pm's. He replied with oh I'll just turn it down if I get asked. He is the child that an early am appointment would effect him by 15 to 30 minutes. I just received the next couple of months of schedules and he isn't working any PMs for 2 months. I really would rather have my husband sub for me these early ams. The other family that it would effect by an hour doesn't come on Wednesdays, but my sister is only available on Tuesdays. It would be more convenient for me to get my husband to do it on Wednesday when it would only effect the one family by 15 to 30 minutes. It is just doesn't make sense to me to have my sister get up early,pack up her kid, and drive out for an hour. In addition my husband is home anyways at that time in the winter.

Now I found out that I need dental work done. I'm going to need a sub for that too. I'm afraid that the families are already going to think that once a month is too much now add on another appointment once a month for the next 3 to 4 months. I have the first dental appointment scheduled and let the families know that my sister will be filling in for me, and every one was great. The family that I'm afraid feels uncomfortable leaving there son with my DH sent a thank you email for being so dependable(he will only be here for 10 to 15 minutes with my sister). These dental appointments will effect most of the families, but I'm concerned that the 2 families that are effected by the monthly am subbing might start to feel that this is too much. How do you guys feel about it. For the early am appointments should I go with my sister or my husband. My husband is the second oldest from a family of 9. His dad left when he was 15 and he helped raised the younger. He is great with the kids and in January and February and part of March he doesn't work much and is here helping with the DC anyways. Sorry so long. My contract does name my husband as one of the subs. My contract says that I can take up to 3 weeks of vacation/days off. I typically take one week off where I am closed. I also don't think that I should have to count days that I find a replacement as a day off.
Tags:helper, substitute
Up