Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Just Implemented A No Diaperbag Policy
Core12 03:09 PM 02-05-2018
My parents are great with the policy except the babies who are breast fed. Am I being too restrictive with the policy for them? I will soon have 8 babies under age 2 years old with an assistant and get overwhelmed with the diaper bags and 2 car seat carriers.
Unregistered 03:37 PM 02-05-2018
No diapers? How does that work???
mrbrandonterry 03:39 PM 02-05-2018
I'm curious too. Do you mean no diapers from home?
Baby Beluga 04:01 PM 02-05-2018
I think she means no diaper bags...not diapers.

If that is the case, no, I don't think not allowing diaper bags into care is restrictive. Many of us here do not allow them.
BumbleBee 04:02 PM 02-05-2018
Do you mean diaper bags or are you planning on supplying diapers or are you talking about cloth diapers?
Mike 04:08 PM 02-05-2018
I can just imagine a daycare with 8 babies and no diapers.

I'm guessing no cloth diapers.
jenboo 04:19 PM 02-05-2018
I had 10 kids under 2... no diaper bags and no carseats allowed. Best decision ever.
Homebody 04:36 PM 02-05-2018
How does a no diaper (or no diaper bag) policy affect breastfed babies?
Core12 04:42 PM 02-05-2018
Sorry about that!
The reason it could affect the breastfed babies is bc they bring breastmilk.
Homebody 04:49 PM 02-05-2018
Originally Posted by Core12:
Sorry about that!
Oh, OK. I had a Mom who just put the breast milk in the plastic bags, and brought them in a small cooler bag that was kept in the freezer.
Unregistered 04:54 PM 02-05-2018
Originally Posted by Core12:
Sorry about that!
Parents can bring milk in a small travel cooler or a lunch bag?
nannyde 05:17 PM 02-05-2018
I don't do diaper bags. The breastfed babies just bring a jug of milk every day and I give the jug back at the end of the day. I keep a few bags in the freezer in case I spill the jug. Use that once a month and freeze the jug of milk for the day.

I wash all cloth diapers so they bring a stock of ten and I take care of the washing. Whatever one the kid wears goes into stock and I use one of the stock to send the kid home in.

I don't want anything passing back and forth except for the jugs of milk. I keep the bottles for the babies at the house and wash them too.
lovemykidstoo 06:01 PM 02-05-2018
I'm licensed for 6 and always allowed diaper bags. Until the lice hit last summer. It was an abrupt halt to anything coming from home except the child lol. I now have a storage unit that each child gets and that's where their diapers/wipes and 1 change of clothes go into. I get low, I request more. I have 1 that is breastfed right now and mom carries in a daily supply in her hand and I take right to the fridge. Is so much better, I highly recommend it!!! The parents actually really like it too. Less to worry about carrying every single day.
storybookending 07:06 PM 02-05-2018
I also do not allow diaper bags but I still allow infant car seats. Breast fed babies can bring their milk needed for the day in a jug or whatever. I had one mom unthaw and bring in a jumbo water bottle.
LittleExplorers 06:48 AM 02-06-2018
I do no diaper bags as well. There are cubbies here for storage of extra clothes etc. You never know what might be in a bag (meds, lighters etc) and I don't want to go digging in a bag every time I need something and hoping they remembered to put it in there.
hwichlaz 08:48 AM 02-06-2018
Breastfed babies don't need a whole diaper bag full of milk. A small thermal bag is fine.
BrynleeJean 11:32 AM 02-06-2018
Originally Posted by jenboo:
I had 10 kids under 2... no diaper bags and no carseats allowed. Best decision ever.
LOVE this policy. Ill soon be opening my home to about 8-10 under two with an assistant and this was a worry.
8-10 diaper bags would quickly fill a hallway or any room, and i have really large cubbies, but the average diaper bag moms carry fits.
I don't think its strict at all, maybe you can give exceptions for occasions when say grandma is going to pick up and needs the carseat and diaper bag but if its always like, DD drops of and DM picks up then they just need two. i don't have the room
LysesKids 12:19 PM 02-06-2018
Originally Posted by BrynleeJean:
LOVE this policy. Ill soon be opening my home to about 8-10 under two with an assistant and this was a worry.
8-10 diaper bags would quickly fill a hallway or any room, and i have really large cubbies, but the average diaper bag moms carry fits.
I don't think its strict at all, maybe you can give exceptions for occasions when say grandma is going to pick up and needs the carseat and diaper bag but if its always like, DD drops of and DM picks up then they just need two. i don't have the room
I've had no diaper bag, no carseat since 2010 lol... started it when the daycare centers had to close for bedbugs in AR; best decision ever
LysesKids 12:22 PM 02-06-2018
Originally Posted by Homebody:
Oh, OK. I had a Mom who just put the breast milk in the plastic bags, and brought them in a small cooler bag that was kept in the freezer.
I keep 16oz frozen milk (emergency stash) & then moms bring a small cooler with each days BM for the child... no extra baggage
Pestle 12:46 PM 02-06-2018
No diaper bags here. I learned it from you guys, the day I reached into a diaper bag and came out with a bloody tampon applicator in my hand.

Breast milk comes in a little bag with an ice pack, just like I used back when I pumped at work.

When parents sent in diapers, they'd send in one pack at a time, not in a diaper bag, and it'd stay in the cubbies. If I'd had any cloth diapered kids, I would've had a wet bag and a dry bag going back and forth, not a whole diaper bag. No need to tote your luggage into my house.
Tags:diaper policy, no diaper, policy - diaper bags
Reply Up