Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Explain The Benefits Again...
MommyMuffin 12:35 PM 10-04-2011
I'm having a rough day...wondering what the outside world is like. Feeling a little nerdy that I chat with you ladies more than actual (in front of me) people. I try to get out with friends but it is really hard. I feel stagnant..like I am not progressing in anything and like I could grow into the floor boards of my own home. The only people that see me is my husband...the big world doesnt even know I exist. I guess I'm just craving a little mental stimulation, working outside the home and talking to adults...I want to feel alive.

Isnt it bad that when I get lonley I just come on here and read posts....I feel pathetic!!!

Explain the benefits of staying home all day again....

Do any of you feel like that sometimes?
daycare 12:42 PM 10-04-2011
I think you took the words right out of my mouth and mind... I always feel this way. I thought about doing some out of the home clubs, but with the hours I work and having 3 kids I would have to do it at 11pm or later, so not going to happen..
SandeeAR 12:48 PM 10-04-2011
My favorite job I ever had, was when I had a large craft business. (I had 27 craft booths in 7 states). Long story short, I lost it all due to 9/11 and the economy drop.

That said. I opened my daycare afterwards. I LOVE my kids. However, I DO understand the feeling of being alone. Add to that, my DH has worked 7 days a week for over a year, NOT his choice. I have been very lonely myself.

It prompted me to go back to make crafts for sale. I will be posting items on etsy.com soon. That has become my outlet.
KBCsMommy 12:50 PM 10-04-2011
You are not pathetic!!!
Why do think all of us are on here!!!!!!

I feel your pain. I dont even know whats going on in the outside world either!
My family went to a birthday party this past weekend, and apparantly after we left a popular tv reporter showed up. When my husband told me her name I asked him who the heck she was!! Like I have time to watch local news or even tv!!!

Sending hugs ((())))
Heidi 12:53 PM 10-04-2011
I can tell you that I felt like that alot more when my own kids were little. My youngest is 11 now, so they don't need constant attention in the evenings, and I can go out and do things and leave them at home (my daughter is 14 and my oldest is 21-lives here).

I can only suggest that you let a few things slide now and then and make sure to get out. Whether it's a club, or coffee with a friend, a girls night out (I'm talking Applebees, not clubin'), or a date night with your hubby (try something you haven't done before, like roller skating or something goofy, not a movie-and-dinner).

Life is truly, truly too short to be sad or lonely. Make yourself get out there and do something, even if it's just a walk after the kids leave every day...by yourself.

Are there any elderly people in your neighborhood? Maybe get to know them. Introduce your dc kids to them, bring them muffins as a group, or invite them over. A lot of older people are lonely and love kids. If there is a nursing home in your area, check into going for a visit with the kids. I used to do that when I lived in town, and kids and residents all loved it so much.

Those are my ideas...hope it helps!
cheerfuldom 01:59 PM 10-04-2011
I feel like this now. Thats why I am finishing my college degree and getting out of daycare as soon as a job and finances allow. It is a really big sacrifice to be home all day and I do it for my own children. Once they are all preschool age and older, I won't have that motivation anymore and will for sure be ready for a different job.
DaycareMama 02:15 PM 10-04-2011
I struggle with this so much. I feel like I don't even exist outside my home. I watch tv, read the news online but as far as interaction this website is it.

All I can say is don't loose your friends. I went so long working and not making time for me that life and everyone I cared about (outside of my own family) passed by too. If you let it get to out of reach it will be hard to get back
TBird 07:34 AM 10-05-2011
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! That's crazy talk!!! BUT........

I can tell you I felt the same way when I had my first daycare home. My van broke down and I felt stranded, pathetic & helpless!!! The only thing that I can say helped me was WALKING. I'd get the babies in the stroller and the toddlers in their "walking shoes" and hit the neighborhood!!! I dropped a TON of weight and the kids liked playing at the neighborhood playground. They hated me for making them walk but hey...that's what feet are for, LOL!!!
sharlan 07:44 AM 10-05-2011
I think most of us feel the same way. We are in a profession that is isolating, but we don't have to allow it.

As others have said get involved in something that you enjoy. Whether it be a church group, activities at the seniors center - you don't always have to be a certain age to take their classes, put the babies in a stroller and get out and walk to the local park, check if there are any interesting classes at the local parks and rec dept...........

Do whatever you have to do to be around other adults.
Cat Herder 08:36 AM 10-05-2011
Of course I have felt that way...

I like to take online college courses. Eventually I will have yet another degree for when I am ready to go back to work outside of the home...

But in the meantime I enjoy the classes. (I also do alot of volunteer work and a PRN job to keep my skills sharp)
MamaBear 08:59 AM 10-05-2011
Wow... I feel the SAME way. Way more right now than ever. I'm not sure why it feels worse lately. Maybe because I have less daycare kids right now. I'm used to have 6 and now I have 3. The days drag more. I dont know. We take 2 walks a day with the wagon and thats nice for fresh air, but still not enough. I have been feeling so isolated and bored lately.

I realize that my only adult interaction each day is with my husband when he comes home from work 5 days a week... The weekend is my only time to get out but I dont really know anyone in our area. So I basically just run errands and back home again. My husband is about to leave for deployment in just a couple months and then I wont even have him to interact with. Just feeling blah lately and its even made me consider if I should keep doing daycare. I wonder if I work outside the home if this blah-ness would go away. I dont know.
Tags:burnout, overwhelmed, provider burnout risk, stressed
Reply Up