Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Our Presents For Parents
newtodaycare22 11:24 AM 12-19-2011
I loved the hand print snowmen (that a lot of you did on ornaments), so I put a spin on it. I got these snow flake jars at the dollar star and we made the snowmen on them. Then, each kid is putting their mommy/daddy's favorite candy inside.
Attached: 2011-12-19 09.19.55.jpg (79.7 KB) 
e.j. 11:27 AM 12-19-2011
That's a great idea! I may have to copy it for next year.
Heidi 11:39 AM 12-19-2011
Originally Posted by newtodaycare22:
I loved the hand print snowmen (that a lot of you did on ornaments), so I put a spin on it. I got these snow flake jars at the dollar star and we made the snowmen on them. Then, each kid is putting their mommy/daddy's favorite candy inside.
ok, the hand print is theirs, but you did not painting on them, right? Just checking...I have toddlers, and I am not sure even the 3 or 4 yo would make something "giftable".

I don't do a lot of teacher-led crafts, only for holidays or as presents. The rest of the time, it's give them the materials and go for it!
Sunchimes 11:40 AM 12-19-2011
Really cute! I didn't have much luck with the hand prints this year. I couldn't persuade my 15 mo olds to open up their fingers. Feet are cute, but the hands turned out sort of blobby. ;-)
I'm going to keep my eyes open for jars when the after-sales start.

Merry Christmas!!
DBug 11:46 AM 12-19-2011
Great idea! I think I may steal that one for this year! (yeah, I'm a little behind this year ... )
WImom 11:58 AM 12-19-2011
We made painted candle holders and then added a candle in it. I thought they turned out cute.
Attached: DSCN2034.jpg (34.6 KB) 
SilverSabre25 12:05 PM 12-19-2011
Handprint snowmen ornaments (I love your variant! That's great!) and keepsake handprint/footprint calendars. I need to finish those...I have 9 months left to do
melskids 02:33 PM 12-19-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Handprint snowmen ornaments (I love your variant! That's great!) and keepsake handprint/footprint calendars. I need to finish those...I have 9 months left to do
i've done the calendars a few times...and they do take FOREVER!

we're gonna tackle them again next year.

I love everyone else's ideas as well. we just did basic ornaments this year...salt dough cut outs and applesauce dough handprints. boring, but finished early...lol
Christian Mother 07:23 PM 12-19-2011
I did Christmas Thumbprint Reindeer Ornaments !! I took it from the handandfoot blog place i always take ideals from...

http://funhandprintart.blogspot.com/...as-crafts.html

Hopefully it comes up for you guys...I will add a pic tomorrow!!
SilverSabre25 07:29 PM 12-19-2011
Originally Posted by melskids:
i've done the calendars a few times...and they do take FOREVER!

we're gonna tackle them again next year.

I love everyone else's ideas as well. we just did basic ornaments this year...salt dough cut outs and applesauce dough handprints. boring, but finished early...lol
Yeah I'm going to do them again next year...but I'm going to do them one month at a time throughout the year, and take pictures of each kid to go along with them.
newtodaycare22 08:00 PM 12-19-2011
Originally Posted by bbo:
ok, the hand print is theirs, but you did not painting on them, right? Just checking...I have toddlers, and I am not sure even the 3 or 4 yo would make something "giftable".

I don't do a lot of teacher-led crafts, only for holidays or as presents. The rest of the time, it's give them the materials and go for it!
Actually, I was very impressed with my kids! This one was done by a 4 year old. The hand print was theirs and then a thumb print for the hat-I used the paintbrush to make a brim of the hat. I dotted the eyes and mouth because they were so tiny, but the 4 year old did the nose, scarves, and buttons! She practiced on paper once and I was so proud of her hard work. My youngest, a 2 year old, needed me to help her hold the brush but even she contributed to the scarf and such...which the mom/dad will be able to tell.
DaycareMom 08:58 AM 12-20-2011
We did glass handprint ornaments with their names, cinnamon applesauce ornaments which they painted, and candy cane ornament that we made of tri beads and pipe cleaner. That should be enough right?
Tags:christmas crafts, christmas gifts parents
Reply Up