Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>A Few Questions for Providers
dgis967 09:12 PM 10-12-2010
Hello

I hope this is the right place to post these questions

After 9 months of our Parents watching our Little girl I am now looking for a DC provider in the Bronx NY. (time to give the Grandparents a break)

After reading many Posts I have gleamed this information
1) read, understand and agree with the contract
2) communication is key
3) Licensed vrs unlicensed does not always mean a better or worse quality of care

I have a few questions I hope some people can give me input

1) were are the best places to find information about providers, not all have websites, and there are too many around to go see them all. How is the best way to get information and or feedback about places?

2) kinda tied with question one, both wife and I work retail management... flex schedule and late nights (10pm pu), any special way I should search for places with longer hours (most i have seen are 7-6 or 6-6 ect)

3) I would be looking for at least 3 days a week, the places I have looked at charge either daily pt or weekly FT (about same price for 3 days pt pay) If a dp pays a ft rate do you let them drop off any day up to 5 days if so how much notice do you require (I would be looking for 3-4 days but would flex depending on what days we are off)

4) what questions do you feel a parent should ask during an interview, what is important to ask? and what should I be looking for when I go to look at a place?

5) and finally... I as a parent would want to "pop in" every now and then, I don't mean a surprise visit like I am trying spy on the place but being my first child and first time in a DC just to see how she is doing. How would I communicate this without offending the provider. Or is this something that is frowned upon?

Thank You for taking the time to read this and post thoughts if you have any. I hope these are not redundant questions but I didn't see clear answers in the posts i did read. And I am sure I will have many more in the future.
Tags:new daycare
Up