Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCM Wants Me to Switch Almost 2yo Nap From After Lunch to 10am!
crazydaycarelady 10:53 AM 08-10-2015
The parents are getting married in 2 weeks and the wedding photos will be during naptime, so she wants to change dcboys nap schedule so he'll be awake during the pictures. How does she think he will just go to sleep at 10:00 when he normally does not go until after lunch? And wouldn't it be better to have a happy child that is on his normal schedule for the wedding?
midaycare 11:05 AM 08-10-2015
How about ... No. Silly people.
Heidi 11:16 AM 08-10-2015
I've done it, actually, for very special occasions, but I can only try.

If you don't have a separate room to nap him, I'd say they need to keep him home, or pick him up at 10 and take a long drive, because that's a sure-fire way to get a kiddo sleeping at that time of day. A major factor in why I don't do field trips; because if they fall asleep in the car for 5 minutes on the way back, nap is over with this crew
Blackcat31 11:19 AM 08-10-2015
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
The parents are getting married in 2 weeks and the wedding photos will be during naptime, so she wants to change dcboys nap schedule so he'll be awake during the pictures. How does she think he will just go to sleep at 10:00 when he normally does not go until after lunch? And wouldn't it be better to have a happy child that is on his normal schedule for the wedding?
Originally Posted by Heidi:
I've done it, actually, for very special occasions, but I can only try.

If you don't have a separate room to nap him, I'd say they need to keep him home, or pick him up at 10 and take a long drive, because that's a sure-fire way to get a kiddo sleeping at that time of day. A major factor in why I don't do field trips; because if they fall asleep in the car for 5 minutes on the way back, nap is over with this crew
Like Heidi I have made "one time for special occasions only" exceptions but in this particular case, why not keep daycare boy home with family members and allow him to nap/rest when needed...

Why is he even going to be at daycare on such a special day?
crazydaycarelady 11:23 AM 08-10-2015
Oh I wasn't clear. The wedding is in 2 weeks and she wants to spend the next 2 weeks adjusting his schedule so that for 1 day, the wedding day, he'll be bright eyed and bushy tailed for the photo session in the early afternoon. So for the next 2 weeks she wants him napping at 10:00am.

A one time thing I totally get. If he naps at 10:00am though he MAY be good for the pictures but he is going to be really grumpy and tired for the actual wedding (he's the ring bearer) and the reception.
Blackcat31 12:09 PM 08-10-2015
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
Oh I wasn't clear. The wedding is in 2 weeks and she wants to spend the next 2 weeks adjusting his schedule so that for 1 day, the wedding day, he'll be bright eyed and bushy tailed for the photo session in the early afternoon. So for the next 2 weeks she wants him napping at 10:00am.

A one time thing I totally get. If he naps at 10:00am though he MAY be good for the pictures but he is going to be really grumpy and tired for the actual wedding (he's the ring bearer) and the reception.
Um, yeah I don't think so...

This is one situation I'd apply the "No problem DCM, I'd be happy to accommodate you but I'll have to hire an assistant to do it. At your expense of course" type solution to.

No way would I spend 2 weeks "training a kid to be on a certain schedule just to have to spend the next 2 afterwards re-training him back to the original schedule...

Yikes! Parents expect a lot and have NO clue what fall out those kinds of expectations have on their child, let alone all the other kids you have in care.

Honestly, if DC wants to start adjusting DCB's schedule I would suggest she start picking him up at her "requested nap time" each day.

I would not for one second even try to accommodate this request nor would I even be open to suggestions for compromise...I simply would not be able to do it.
childcaremom 12:17 PM 08-10-2015

I would just have that for dcm.
Heidi 05:57 PM 08-10-2015
Yeah...I thought it was a one time thing.

I'll change my original answer to a BIG FAT NO!

Maybe they should have planned their wedding time around their child.
nannyde 06:06 PM 08-10-2015
Sheesh. She needs to take a page from the Pageant Mom's Survival Playbook and spring for some Pixie Sticks and Mountain Dew.

Do we have to train these parents on EVERYTHING?
Thriftylady 06:08 PM 08-10-2015
I have gotten so many issues from parents about nap times at interviews, I actually added the time frame to my handbook. I don't make any exceptions. My main issue is if you do this, (not saying you should) how are you going to have things quiet enough for the other kiddos to nap at nap time. I have a hard time even with school agers up keeping things quiet.
jenboo 06:21 PM 08-10-2015
What kid is going to nap at 10am when they are used to napping after lunch in the afternoon?!
Unregistered 06:23 PM 08-12-2015
Just say thats not going to work and leave it at that.
DaisyMamma 04:48 AM 08-13-2015
It's group care. Perhaps she doesn't realize that this will affect everyone else? Maybe they want to be outside playing at 10am?
How about she changes the appt time to 10am??!!
Ariana 07:04 AM 08-13-2015
Wouldn't it be easier to schedule the photographer at another time?! I assume they don't nap
littletots 09:41 AM 08-13-2015
I would listen, smile and not change nap. Day of photos I'd offer early nap. What 2yr is prefect at photo sessions? He'll take silly 2yr pics. They will love it .
crazydaycarelady 03:59 PM 08-14-2015
Originally Posted by :
Sheesh. She needs to take a page from the Pageant Mom's Survival Playbook and spring for some Pixie Sticks and Mountain Dew.
Bwahahahaha
Reply Up