Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Felt Christmas Tree
meganlavonnesmommy 04:54 AM 12-11-2011
I made this today....
http://emptybobbinsewing.com/2010/12...hristmas-tree/

Cant wait for Monday so the kids can play! I got the green felt for $4.99 a yard, and the smaller colored felt for 19 cents per square, so total spent was $7!

Sunchimes 05:15 AM 12-11-2011
Really cute!! I love this idea!! Pinned for next year since my kids are too young this year. Or are they? 15 months? Hmm. Might just work. Thanks!!
countrymom 05:50 AM 12-11-2011
I just didn't make it to the fabric store yesterday but this is on my list too.
Abigail 03:09 AM 12-12-2011
How cute! It will not rip as easy as paper and it's also a small sound absorber

How long did it take to cut out? Did you fold it in half and draw with a market where you would cut it? How tall is it? Where did the ornaments come from?

It would be really neat to do an ornament a week per child starting just after Thanksgiving and then a week later surprise the kids with "the tree". How did you get it to hang on the wall?
DCMom 05:54 AM 12-12-2011
LOVE this!
Meyou 06:06 AM 12-12-2011
Love it! I'm going to make one today. I love felt crafts.
Blackcat31 07:55 AM 12-12-2011
What a super cute idea!! Thanks for sharing
meganlavonnesmommy 09:25 AM 12-12-2011
The picture isnt mine, its from the blog that I got the idea from.

But our tree looks similar. It literally took 15 minutes, it was so easy. I just free hand drew the tree on the yard of felt with a sharpie, and cut it out. It's maybe 4 feet tall. I could have made it taller with the yard of felt that I had, but I made it smaller for the space I was using.

Then out of small squares of different felt we used christmas cookie cutters to cut gingerbread men, candy canes, stars, circles, triangles, bells and squares. We used the small leftover pieces of felt to make designs for the ornaments and used glue to glue the small pieces to stick to the oranments. For instance bows on the presents, stripes on the candy canes, polka dots on the ornaments.

I used velcro to get the tree to stick to the wall. Just stuck the velcro to the wall, and then the tree to the velcro. Its stayed really well.

The kids love it so much, we're going to do a snowman in January, with scarfs, hats and mittens.
Tags:christmas crafts - toddlers, christmas tree
Reply Up