Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Cleaning & Sanitizing Wooden Blocks
renodeb 06:53 PM 01-21-2017
I just got new wooden blocks and they need cleaned and sanitized. How do you clean wooden blocks. (there the wooden square ones,) not the building ones if that makes since. I know eventually the paint will start rubbing off but I was hoping to keep them new for a bit.
Deb
MarinaVanessa 07:04 PM 01-21-2017
Like small colorful unit blocks? I use plain soap and water and a soft sponge then either dunk in bleach/water solution or spray with it and let them air dry
renodeb 09:44 PM 01-21-2017
There not unit blocks there the blocks with alphabet letters on them but that would work.
Thanks
debbiedoeszip 09:26 AM 01-22-2017
I put mine in a bucket and fill the bucket with hot water, a couple of drops of dish detergent, and a splash of vinegar. Let them soak for about ten minutes, then rinse them off with more hot water and allow them to air dry on a towel overnight.
renodeb 11:42 AM 01-22-2017
Thanks Debbie.
lovemykidstoo 04:45 AM 01-23-2017
I put mine in a lingeria net bag and throw them in the dishwasher.
Leigh 07:54 AM 01-23-2017
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
I put mine in a lingeria net bag and throw them in the dishwasher.
Why have I never thought of this?! I wash lots of toys in the DW, but always put my blocks in the bathtub in bleach solution. I'm ordering a bag right now so I can put them in the dishwasher!
lovemykidstoo 07:57 AM 01-23-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Why have I never thought of this?! I wash lots of toys in the DW, but always put my blocks in the bathtub in bleach solution. I'm ordering a bag right now so I can put them in the dishwasher!
I get my lingerie bags at the dollar store. They're a little smaller, but that's ok. I do all my little people, plastic and wood blocks, ponies etc all in the dishwasher in the bags. Then they have some water that gets in the nooks so i dump them on a towel to air dry
Tags:cleaning toys, sanitizing, wooden blocks
Reply Up