Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Tom Copeland - Quick Question Please
lovemykidstoo 09:10 AM 05-02-2018
Hi Tom,

I'm getting caught up on my bookkeeping since I just started my kidkare acct where I can log kids in and log my extra hours doing cleaning, paperwork, sanitizing toys etc. I do about 30 minutes in the morning and about 30 minutes at night getting things ready and then putting things away. I do the same things every morning and night. For that kind of thing, when I log them into my book can I write something like this?

6:30 a.m. .to 7:00 prepping breakfast, getting projects ready, quick pickup

5:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. putting beds and toys away, bookkeeping, vacuum playroom

Can I just write those things down once at the bottom of my log and put the dates by them since it's every day is the same thing and then if I have different or additional things add those too or do I need to write those every day.
Reply
TomCopeland 12:46 PM 05-02-2018
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Hi Tom,

I'm getting caught up on my bookkeeping since I just started my kidkare acct where I can log kids in and log my extra hours doing cleaning, paperwork, sanitizing toys etc. I do about 30 minutes in the morning and about 30 minutes at night getting things ready and then putting things away. I do the same things every morning and night. For that kind of thing, when I log them into my book can I write something like this?

6:30 a.m. .to 7:00 prepping breakfast, getting projects ready, quick pickup

5:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. putting beds and toys away, bookkeeping, vacuum playroom

Can I just write those things down once at the bottom of my log and put the dates by them since it's every day is the same thing and then if I have different or additional things add those too or do I need to write those every day.
I recommend entering these extra hours for two months each year and then use the average for these months for the rest of the year. I don't recommend trying to enter these hours every day (too hard!). I'll be doing a video showing how to do this later this week on my website.
Reply
lovemykidstoo 01:07 PM 05-02-2018
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
I recommend entering these extra hours for two months each year and then use the average for these months for the rest of the year. I don't recommend trying to enter these hours every day (too hard!). I'll be doing a video showing how to do this later this week on my website.
Thanks Tom. That's what I'm thinking. If every day I'm doing the same exact routine before and after my day starts, I was thinking I could just write 5 hours (1/2 hour prior to opening and 1/2 hr after) for preparing materials, cleaning, sanitizing, vacuuming). I look forward to your video! Thanks!
Reply
hwichlaz 04:55 PM 06-12-2018
I do a month at a time in kidkare now that we can enter a date range instead of one day at a time.
Reply
hwichlaz 05:00 PM 06-12-2018
Examples

I spend an hour every Wednesday night doing book keeping.

So on May 31st I counted the number of Wednesday’s in May and entered: May 1-31 Bookkeeping 5 hours
Reply
lovemykidstoo 06:12 AM 06-13-2018
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
Examples

I spend an hour every Wednesday night doing book keeping.

So on May 31st I counted the number of Wednesday’s in May and entered: May 1-31 Bookkeeping 5 hours
Great idea thank you! I was going bonkers writing the same thing 1/2 hour in the morning 1/2 hour at night.
Reply
lovemykidstoo 12:25 PM 06-27-2018
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
I recommend entering these extra hours for two months each year and then use the average for these months for the rest of the year. I don't recommend trying to enter these hours every day (too hard!). I'll be doing a video showing how to do this later this week on my website.
Hi Tom, Did you ever do the video on this? If you did I missed it and would love to watch it if you have a link.

Did you say that I could claim the plants/bushes we put in?
Reply
TomCopeland 12:32 PM 06-27-2018
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Hi Tom, Did you ever do the video on this? If you did I missed it and would love to watch it if you have a link.

Did you say that I could claim the plants/bushes we put in?
Here's the video: https://www.facebook.com/TomCopeland...5935210469601/

Yes, you can deduct your time-space% of your plants and bushes.
Reply
Tags:bookkeeping, tom copeland
Reply Up