Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare and Taxes

Daycare and Taxes All things related to Taxes and running a Daycare post here. Topics of tax exemptions, forms, filings, tax write offs, IRS etc.

Old 09-13-2019, 08:58 AM
Unregistered

Default Kitchen Remodel (Again!) + Appliances

I've read through a few of the kitchen remodel threads but couldn't find an answer to my question. We completed a kitchen remodel that was well over $2500 and will need to be depreciated.

My question is, must the appliances and other things we bought for the remodel also be depreciated or can their T/S% be claimed in one year because they are individually less than $2500? Dishwasher, fridge, stove, storage shelves, handles for the cabinets, a new sink faucet etc.

Any insights are appreciated!
Old 09-13-2019, 01:24 PM
Business Author/Trainer

Default Kitchen remodel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I've read through a few of the kitchen remodel threads but couldn't find an answer to my question. We completed a kitchen remodel that was well over $2500 and will need to be depreciated.

My question is, must the appliances and other things we bought for the remodel also be depreciated or can their T/S% be claimed in one year because they are individually less than $2500? Dishwasher, fridge, stove, storage shelves, handles for the cabinets, a new sink faucet etc.

Any insights are appreciated!
Claim the time-space% of the appliances (dishwasher, fridge, and stove) n one year. If the remaining items cost less than $2,500 deduct them also in one year. If you only put in the appliances, shelves, handles and faucet, then deduct the time-space% of everything in one year, regardless of the cost.

Tags
depreciation, depreciation - home inventory, kitchen appliance, kitchen remodel, remodel, time space percentage, tom copeland