Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Playroom Pictures?? Please Share!
MyKzooFamily 05:38 PM 01-09-2012
I couldn't find a thread about this anywhere, but I'm in need of some inspiration for my daycare room! Right now we just have a daycare table. I saw a post from August that had some AWESOME Ikea furniture in it. I am planning on getting the wall trones, and the trofast storage systems, I just love how they look and how easily they will clean up!

I have a pretty small play room (I think it's 12' x 15'), the size of a small/decent sized bedroom. I'll have to actually measure it one of these days. I am also converting part of a computer room into the nap room as well.

I LOVE pictures, and would love some inspiration if anyone would love to share!
Sprouts 05:52 PM 01-09-2012
you can check out my blog i just started, i added pics wont be there for long though sproutinglearners.blogspot.com

upload some pictures so we can give you some ideas too
beachgrl 07:09 PM 01-09-2012
Attached a few pics of my main daycare room with our centers, I have made small changes since I took these and it's always a work in progress, plus the daycare stuff is also in my family room too. I put the pack and plays in there for infants to nap as well as extras toys that don't fit in our daycare room like a big dream playhouse tent and ride on bouncy zebra, etc.
Attached: 040 (2).jpg (98.4 KB) 028 (2).jpg (44.5 KB) 039 (2).jpg (57.5 KB) 112.JPG (322.8 KB) 
MyKzooFamily 07:12 PM 01-09-2012
Originally Posted by beachgrl:
Attached a few pics of my main daycare room with our centers, I have made small changes since I took these and it's always a work in progress, plus the daycare stuff is also in my family room too. I put the pack and plays in there for infants to nap as well as extras toys that don't fit in our daycare room like a big dream playhouse tent and ride on bouncy zebra, etc.
How do you like those large cardboard blocks? I thought about getting those, as some people really like them. But I worry about them holding up, especially if they are accidently stepped on or sat on.
meganlavonnesmommy 09:10 AM 01-10-2012
I have cardboard blocks similar to those, different colors, but basically the same,and they are awesome. Have had them for over a year now, and my kids jump and stand on them all the time. They are still fine, not damaged at all. I keep mine in a pop up laundry hamper for storage.
JennyBear 11:32 AM 01-10-2012
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily:
I couldn't find a thread about this anywhere, but I'm in need of some inspiration for my daycare room! Right now we just have a daycare table. I saw a post from August that had some AWESOME Ikea furniture in it. I am planning on getting the wall trones, and the trofast storage systems, I just love how they look and how easily they will clean up!

I have a pretty small play room (I think it's 12' x 15'), the size of a small/decent sized bedroom. I'll have to actually measure it one of these days. I am also converting part of a computer room into the nap room as well.

I have a fairly small daycare room as well and am looking for ideas on how to separate the littles (14 months) from the older children 2+. the 14 month olds are still putting everything in their mouths and want to pull everything down making a huge mess that they obviously won't clean up. One really grabs anything and everything from the other children so I'm thinking if I give them their separate spaces they might enjoy that more. Anyone have any ideas?
Also wondering what everyone is using for tables in their kitchens for the little ones to eat at. Again, I don't have a ton of space (i'm currently using an ikea table and 2 ikea high chairs)
kidkair 12:36 PM 01-10-2012
Sorry no pictures right now but I'll describe it a little. I have a living room and dining room (and coat room and 1/2 bath) devoted entirely to the kids. Overall I keep way less toys out than beachgrl's pictures showed but still have everything they need to keep them playing all day. I also change my toys often so I only have one set of blocks out at a time but have many that I cycle through.

In the living room I have two large bookcases and a gate separating an area for my office supplies. The bookcases point toward the office. On the back of one bookcase is a large calendar for the kids and on the back of the other one is a bunch of velcro to hang word cards on (all the words start with the same letter and most are laminated for durability). On the floor in front of the words is a large low bin that holds the various toys currently out and is sturdy enough for the kids to use as a toy itself. One corner has a fort made from a large cardboard box that is screwed to the wall and open on top for light. There is a world map on the wall and pillows in there too. Then I have a large picture window that I usually keep a large floor pillow in front of. Another corner has numbers on one wall (again velcro) with a block table in front of them and a mirror covers the bottom of the other wall. Above the mirror are posters currently dinos. In front of the other window in the room is either a kitchen set or tool bench depending on the week. These are velcroed to the floor to prevent pushing them around. in the last corner is a color poster and a low dresser that is child locked and stores craft supplies. On top of the dresser we keep some 3D art projects.

In the dining room I have an adult sized dining table that sits 6 pushed up against the wall centered on the window so it actually only sits 4 unless pulled away and we do have the extra chairs tucked next to the wall too. On one side of the table is a chalk board and the other side is a large bookcase flat against the next wall filled with boxes of art and sensory stuff (I have really little ones so none is out unsupervised right now). Also on that wall is another large bookcase that holds nap stuff at the top and puzzles and various manipulatives for the kids. Opposite the wall/window the adult table are children sided tables that fold down against the wall and child sided folding chairs that hang on hooks above the rain gutter book shelves that are just above the tables. The tables are kept down and large pillows and a bean bag chair are in front of them for a reading area. The pillows and chair are moved to in front of the chalkboard during meal times.
Blackcat31 01:00 PM 01-10-2012
thread on pictures of our spaces

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24391
Sunchimes 05:11 PM 01-10-2012
Beachgrl, do you remember where you got the color and shape posters? I like those better than most I've seen.
sahm2three 06:31 PM 01-10-2012

My new set up. MUCH better than just my family room!

That is just the area that the toddlers/babies play. I don't have great pics of the older kids area. Cute though, huh?
GotKids 07:17 PM 01-10-2012
I am hoping this works. This is my set up right now.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1022464...eat=directlink
DCMom 04:34 AM 01-11-2012
I must admit, I love looking at others set ups too! Such good ideas

Sahm2three: What is the gray and white divider blocks? Are they some type of giant lego? I've never seen those before, but they work really well for a room divider!
LittleD 06:13 AM 01-11-2012
Sahm2three: Love the grey dividers !! All of you have such beautiful set ups! No matter how hard I try I am not please with my setup. It lacks pizzaz The supplies around here are sad. We don't have any cool stores (small town) I was in California and went to a dollar tree, and it had AWESOME teacher supplies. We don't have much here for wall decos and stuff without paying an arm and a leg for it
countrymom 06:48 AM 01-11-2012
Originally Posted by DCMom:

Sahm2three: What is the gray and white divider blocks? Are they some type of giant lego? I've never seen those before, but they work really well for a room divider!
those blocks are acually lego and you can build a huge castle with them. They sell them in pink too.
Blackcat31 08:12 AM 01-11-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
those blocks are acually lego and you can build a huge castle with them. They sell them in pink too.
Ok, drove me crazy trying to find them....They are actually Mega Bloks brand and not Lego. Every site I have seen so far say they are out of stock...must be super popular! They are really cool!

http://www.amazon.com/Mega-Bloks-Pla.../dp/B000096QUE
sahm2three 11:48 AM 01-11-2012
Originally Posted by DCMom:

Yes, they are mega blocks. It is a castle set. I am looking for another set to sturdy it up a bit better. Aren't they cute though?!
sahm2three 11:57 AM 01-11-2012
Originally Posted by LittleD:
Sahm2three: Love the grey dividers !! All of you have such beautiful set ups! No matter how hard I try I am not please with my setup. It lacks pizzaz The supplies around here are sad. We don't have any cool stores (small town) I was in California and went to a dollar tree, and it had AWESOME teacher supplies. We don't have much here for wall decos and stuff without paying an arm and a leg for it
Most of my wall stuff and bulletin board stuff came from Oriental Trading Co. Cheap too!
beachgrl 05:38 PM 01-11-2012
How do you like those large cardboard blocks? I thought about getting those, as some people really like them. But I worry about them holding up, especially if they are accidently stepped on or sat on.
I like them, i had some like them in my more at four classroom when i taught but they did manage to do them in a few at a time standing on them and hitting them with other toys but when the dck try to stand on them i just remind them they can build with them but they cant stand on them. The kids really like em, they just take up a good bit of space but i think they are worht it and they can build wo the risk of someone really getting hurt id the fall over too.

Sorry just saw your post as i did not get on at all today, had a lil one get hurt this am and had me outta sorts all day.
beachgrl 05:42 PM 01-11-2012
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
Beachgrl, do you remember where you got the color and shape posters? I like those better than most I've seen.
I believe I got them at a local teacher supply store called teachers aid here..I really like them too, i had some others that were given to me from another teacher but when I saw those I bought them, plus I think they were BOGO at the time too
Hunni Bee 06:20 PM 01-11-2012
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
They kind of resemble the ones I have from...Dollar Tree!! I actually prefer the classroom deco from Dollar Tree because it isn't cartoonish, its actually photos of real stuff that kids can relate to.

Like I have a large set of shape signs from there, and on the trapezoid one, it has a Chinese take-out box on it! Who would've thought.

The only drawback is they're made from cheap cardboard, and aren't laminated. But by them being a dollar, its not a problem to buy more....plus they have different ones every few months.

If you haven't noticed, I LOVE Dollar Tree!
beachgrl 06:52 PM 01-11-2012
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
They kind of resemble the ones I have from...Dollar Tree!! I actually prefer the classroom deco from Dollar Tree because it isn't cartoonish, its actually photos of real stuff that kids can relate to.

Like I have a large set of shape signs from there, and on the trapezoid one, it has a Chinese take-out box on it! Who would've thought.

The only drawback is they're made from cheap cardboard, and aren't laminated. But by them being a dollar, its not a problem to buy more....plus they have different ones every few months.

Dollar tree is a great place to get all kinds of cheap items for us!
melissa ann 05:44 AM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:

I use those from Dollar Tree too. Love the dollar tree store
Tags:layout, pictures, playroom layout, room, room decor
Reply Up