Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ughh!! Started A New Girl- Read On.....
momma2girls 06:14 AM 01-06-2011
UGHH!!! This is the first week starting a 14 month old, that has never been to daycare before!! The first day was awful, all she wanted to do is scream, cry, the only time she was quiet, is when I held her!!
Mom wrote me a note on the first day and said she still has a bottle in pnp at naptime. Also that she doesn't take an am nap any longer. Best of all she poops during her naptimes and doesn't quit sreaming til you change her. LOL!!!
Ok, finally after an hr. of screaming, I laid her down in pnp in a bedroom, that is connected with 2 other children one is 17 month and one is 8 months old, that still need am nap. She was in pnp, maybe 15 min. and she starting screaming at the top of her lungs!! I was feeding a baby, so she had to wiat til I was finished. Of course when I went to find out why she was screaming, she had all children screaming!! Then she didn't poop, she threw her baby and blanket out of pnp, and wanted it back. About 5 min. later she did it again- about 15 min. later again, about 15 min. after that she poopled, right after I got the 2 others ones back to sleep. UGHH!! This time she did poop!! The entire am nap went like this!! No sleep for anyone!! She wouldn't eat, did drink her bottle though. I forgot to mention she has a paci in her mouth the entire time as well!! SO for after noon nap, went just as bad, if not worse!! She ended up pooping two more times, and continuing to wake everyone else up!! I was so mad!! I can't move her at all either. My little girl's bedroom is upstairs and my other daughter's room is right next to hers. I also have a newborn in our bedroom, so there goes that option!! I told the parents it was very rough. The 2nd day came around even worse that the first. So today she woudln't eat anything or drink her bottle, I even tried a sippee cup, just screamed!! She kept everyone up thru am nap again!! I am a very patient daycare provider, by this pt. I have had it. I called up the Mom who has been sitting at home the last 2 days, she was off of her work- she said she woudl be right over. I told her I couldn't continue this!!
So now the parents are mad at me, for not trying harder, and giving more of a try??? OMG!! I told them I have tried everything!!! UGHH!!!!!! This family when they interviewed only wanted a couple of children at my daycare!!!
Sorry so long, but had to vent, I probably should have placed this in the vent one!!!
Have a great day!!
Little People 06:32 AM 01-06-2011
I am sorry to hear you had a couple of bad days. Here are some hugs. I know how you feel because I took an infant last week and the baby was BF and mother NEVER gave her a bottle or formula and sent a bottle and formula to me!! All that poor little baby did for 2 days was scream. I gave the baby up! I felt sorry for the baby, but the mother had 2 weeks before bringing her to get her on a bottle with formula. The mother also knew she was returning to work when the baby was 6 weeks old but she said it was easier for her to BF at home!!

I won't be taking babies again! I love my 15 months to 5 years old.
countrymom 06:42 AM 01-06-2011
hmmm, sounds like she's a high maintance baby (who mom caters too) first, if she wanted to scream all day, I would have put her in the corner and let her scream there, I don't tolerate screaming for attention. second, I would do what supernanny does at bed time, go in lay them down and not talk to them. also after you throw your stuff out, you don't get it back, I don't play that game.
food issue, I would put her on your schedual, I don't allow children to drag bottles around the house. hmm is mom still feeding her baby food is that why she is not eating.
I don't know what to tell you about the poop, thats weird, I wonder if it has to do with her screaming. also I wouldn't run to her right away, like I said sounds like high maintance. I would also do one nap a day with her.
being part time takes a while, but I would give it a month and then see what happens. I like that age, they are pretty good and adjust well.
marniewon 07:37 AM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by countrymom:
hmmm, sounds like she's a high maintance baby (who mom caters too) first, if she wanted to scream all day, I would have put her in the corner and let her scream there, I don't tolerate screaming for attention. second, I would do what supernanny does at bed time, go in lay them down and not talk to them. also after you throw your stuff out, you don't get it back, I don't play that game.
food issue, I would put her on your schedual, I don't allow children to drag bottles around the house. hmm is mom still feeding her baby food is that why she is not eating.
I don't know what to tell you about the poop, thats weird, I wonder if it has to do with her screaming. also I wouldn't run to her right away, like I said sounds like high maintance. I would also do one nap a day with her.
being part time takes a while, but I would give it a month and then see what happens. I like that age, they are pretty good and adjust well.
I agree with every single word!
momma2girls 07:37 AM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by countrymom:
I don't either. She eventually went into the pnp.
In my nursing experience, she probably has something wrong with her sphictor muscle, as she relaxes it comes out!!!
As far as keeping everyone awake both naps, she was just WAY TOO MUCH!!!! I tried to let her go without her am nap, but she was screaming and crying, rubbing her eyes, etc. so that is when I started to lay her down, it only took 20 min. of screaming, rubbing eyes, etc... this was like this the entire day. I told the parents, you must hold her all day, they said yes, we do!!! LOL!!!
momma2girls 07:39 AM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by Little People:
I am sorry to hear you had a couple of bad days. Here are some hugs. I know how you feel because I took an infant last week and the baby was BF and mother NEVER gave her a bottle or formula and sent a bottle and formula to me!! All that poor little baby did for 2 days was scream. I gave the baby up! I felt sorry for the baby, but the mother had 2 weeks before bringing her to get her on a bottle with formula. The mother also knew she was returning to work when the baby was 6 weeks old but she said it was easier for her to BF at home!!

I won't be taking babies again! I love my 15 months to 5 years old.
Sorry about your situation as well. We live and learn don't we???
Tags:crying, screaming
Reply Up