Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need to Remind Myself 'Not My Monkey, Not My Circus'
sahm1225 07:59 AM 10-25-2018
I take Dcb5 to 3 hour preschool where they get a lunch (plus breakfast, 2 snack here at daycare). Dcd is a doctor at an eating disorder clinic. He packed a lunch for dcb do peek (only allowed if they have allergies, dcb has none).

Dcb bragged on hacing a lunch for school, I didn’t say anything (figures the school Can handle it). Then dcb shows me the ‘lunch”... Doritos, sour gummies and a juice box (not 100% juice). This is from Someone who KNOWs better about healthy eating...

Not my circus.. not my monkeys
sharlan 03:54 PM 10-25-2018
Sounds like dcd doesn't follow his own advice.
Blackcat31 08:13 AM 10-26-2018
Life is so much less stressful when you allow others to own their own circus.

It's amazing how something so simple is so helpful.
sahm1225 10:59 AM 10-26-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Life is so much less stressful when you allow others to own their own circus.

It's amazing how something so simple is so helpful.
Agree. It’s just hard!! I work so hard with the daycare kids to give them a positive experience and it feels like parents just give up. I get being tired after work, I really do. But why can’t parents parent???
Blackcat31 11:07 AM 10-26-2018
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
Agree. It’s just hard!! I work so hard with the daycare kids to give them a positive experience and it feels like parents just give up. I get being tired after work, I really do. But why can’t parents parent???
I have a DCG that just aged out of care. I've had her sine she was a tiny babe. Here M-F full time.

I work hard to teach the DCK's manners and responsible behaviors. I agreed to keep the DCG after school for a bit.

Her last day will be next week. I am glad. I will miss her but I've noticed over the last few weeks since school started that she no longer says "Please and/or Thank you" and rarely if ever shows any type of table manners or prosocial behaviors that used to come second nature to her. Even hearing the other kids use manners doesn't prompt her to do so or even remember it's expected here.

It kind of breaks my heart to see all the hard work we put into teaching these kids stuff go down the drain so swiftly.
Ariana 03:05 PM 10-26-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I have a DCG that just aged out of care. I've had her sine she was a tiny babe. Here M-F full time.

I work hard to teach the DCK's manners and responsible behaviors. I agreed to keep the DCG after school for a bit.

Her last day will be next week. I am glad. I will miss her but I've noticed over the last few weeks since school started that she no longer says "Please and/or Thank you" and rarely if ever shows any type of table manners or prosocial behaviors that used to come second nature to her. Even hearing the other kids use manners doesn't prompt her to do so or even remember it's expected here.

It kind of breaks my heart to see all the hard work we put into teaching these kids stuff go down the drain so swiftly.
It is so true! Parents are the number one influance in childrens behavior.
Tags:disney dad, food from home, guilt
Reply Up