Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Normal 2 Year Old Behavior???
sahm2three 09:31 AM 11-09-2011
I had a conversation with a parent yesterday about their 2 year old and some behaviors we are dealing with here at daycare. When he is getting put in time out, he swings and kicks at me and my assistant. And look out if he gets upset about something at meal time. He has taken to throwing his food across the room. Yesterday he got upset at breakfast because he didn't get the sippy cup he wanted (they never get the same one), and he took his bowl of cereal and threw it! I had milk running down my walls!!! He threw his snack yesterday too because 2 of the boys were leaving and we put teh rest of their snack in a baggie to let them take it home with them. The 2 yo then asks for a baggie too. I say, No buddy, they are leaving so they need one. You get to stay here so you can use a bowl. He took his bowl and threw it once again and started screaming. Tried to put him in time out and he refused to go or stay there. I had to stand there and MAKE him stay in time out. He ususally is very good about time outs. To me, these new behaviors are more a show of disrespect than "normal" 2 yo behaviors. Don't you think so? In all of my experience with toddlers, I have NEVER encountered another child with so little respect for authority figures. I try to praise him as much as I can, even if I am reaching, like "X, I like how you put that toy in the toybox so gently" Not sure what else to do. Parents think it is just normal. Thoughts?
Tags:2 year old, bad behavior - at meal time, tantrums
Up