Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Skin Rash
cara041083 10:07 AM 08-22-2014
I have an 18 month old that has had a rash for 2 weeks. It was a small patch by her leg right on the side of her girly parts under her belly. The mom said it was a dermatology issue that herself and her older son has. It hasn't been red or anything concerning and it looks like little pimples without a white head on it. Well today they brought her and once they left, I noticed that all of a sudden its all over her body except for her face. So I called for pick up and when they got here they didn't understand why I was sending her home. I told them that unless I have a doctors note for there file, explaining that is a skin disorder and not a contagions rash, I could not keep her with a rash all over. So my question is, does anyone know or have seen any rash like that before and it not be a virus? and am I allowed to ask for a document from the doctor that says its nothing to be concerned about?
Shell 10:51 AM 08-22-2014
Hmm, sounds to me like there might be more going on here. I think your policies have you covered here. They need to take her in so you have documentation. It seems a little strange that it is suddenly everywhere. Could it be an allergy? Whatever it is, we're not doctors, and you need to protect everyone from what could be nothing, or could be something contagious.
BrooklynM 10:53 AM 08-22-2014
Maybe it is yeast... do you have pictures?
cara041083 10:56 AM 08-22-2014
Originally Posted by Shell:
Hmm, sounds to me like there might be more going on here. I think your policies have you covered here. They need to take her in so you have documentation. It seems a little strange that it is suddenly everywhere. Could it be an allergy? Whatever it is, we're not doctors, and you need to protect everyone from what could be nothing, or could be something contagious.

This is what I tried to explain to the parents. Mom came and got her then dad called. They don't seem to understand what I am saying. To me even if it is a skin condition, Something has made it flare up and it needs to be looked at.
cara041083 11:08 AM 08-22-2014
Originally Posted by BrooklynM:
Maybe it is yeast... do you have pictures?
No, once they left I thought "man I should have taken a pic to post". They live on the next block over so they came and went. I goggled that and it does look like that could be it.
Unregistered 08:41 PM 08-26-2014
This sounds just like the rash a DCB (2 yrs old) had most of the summer, but his was mostly on his bottom and the back of his thighs. It was not diaper rash-- it was mostly on the back of his thighs. I also noticed he had one or two of the same bump on his tummy. The DCM swore it was a "heat rash" and maybe it was, but my gut told me it was something else. I still have no idea what it is, so I'm really interested in knowing what you find out about your DCG.
Tags:coxsackie, eczema, hand foot mouth illness rash
Reply Up